MassDOT Pike Parcels 12 - 15 | Boylston St. and Mass. Ave | Back Bay

There was a neighborhood meeting on Tuesday...anyone hear how it went ?

Don't want to get your hopes up to high, but a geo/soil rig is working the site. In this photo it is drilling along the outside wall of the Mass Pike.

https://flic.kr/p/Du3GTU

Samuels-Weiner%20Parcel%2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Up for approval March 15th......

http://boston.siretechnologies.com/sirepubbra/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=25837

It's EXTREMELY important you ALL free up your calendars and show up to give your support for this important project.....as it will give the Board a much stronger position to approve, and reduce the chance they'll be forced into tabling it for a future hearing!

Just enough community support helped turn the tide for the Board to gain an upper hand and unanimously approve the Garden Garage in February of '16.

I agree that this would be an important meeting for folks from here to attend and give their support. This is a huge for the area.

The city should definitely support covering up the pike. In fact I would be in favor of selective tax breaks for developers who do this.

i believe the render in the top photo is not part of the first phase. It's one of the buildings planned for the later phases after the 325' resident tower was sacked off Parcel 15 after negotiations with the iag & neighborhood.

The 2nd render is the podium for the main tower on Parcel 15.

^^^
I don't think so, actually. I think the second render is the retail complex that is supposed to straddle the pike along Mass Ave. across from what used to be Best Buy but now is a TJMaxx

Up for approval March 15th......

http://boston.siretechnologies.com/sirepubbra/agdocs.aspx?doctype=agenda&itemid=25837

It's EXTREMELY important you ALL free up your calendars and show up to give your support for this important project.....as it will give the Board a much stronger position to approve, and reduce the chance they'll be forced into tabling it for a future hearing!

Just enough community support helped turn the tide for the Board to gain an upper hand and unanimously approve the Garden Garage in February of '16.

I agree that this would be an important meeting for folks from here to attend and give their support. This is a huge for the area.

The tower lost 83 feet AND they eliminated the 2nd tower. I don't get the math. it should have gained 83 feet.

If anyone can offer any and all good points i can bring up at the meeting, i'd hugely appreciate it.

Is it possible for a development to get better than proposed in this city? Is that even a thing? Are there any cities where that happens? Or is it just normal that developments are cut back and get VE'd to shit, at least to shit compared to the original proposal?

Is it possible for a development to get better than proposed in this city? Is that even a thing? Are there any cities where that happens? Or is it just normal that developments are cut back and get VE'd to shit, at least to shit compared to the original proposal?

While it's exceedingly rare, Millennium Tower + 1 Dalton would like a word with you.

While it's exceedingly rare, Millennium Tower + 1 Dalton would like a word with you.

How are either of these turning out better than expected? They're turning out more or less as expected.

How are either of these turning out better than expected? They're turning out more or less as expected.

In my mind Lovejoy Wharf is a good example. Renderings looked very cheap, but the end result was great. It does seem very rare.

Back