MBTA Construction Projects

Re: T construction news

Copley Square:

pic

Dare I say, that for all the squawking over the outbound headhouses, the eastern one shown above isn't shaping up to be awful? It's lipstick on the pig of a building behind it, but they get an E for effort.

Judgement reserved on the "main" one across the street, beside the church.

Aaaaaalmost done

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3465-1.jpg

Aaaaaaalmost done.

When is this country going to learn about power saving escalators?

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

I've always hated that lime green tile work. What's the cheapest shit we can find?

The rest looks good tho.

I've always hated that lime green tile work. What's the cheapest shit we can find?

That's glass tile, van, and I don't think it's cheap by any measure. It is however, totally inappropriate for this sort of application. I belongs in a shower-stall at the W.

That's glass tile, van, and I don't think it's cheap by any measure. It is however, totally inappropriate for this sort of application. I belongs in a shower-stall at the W.

Yes, they are clear glass tiles, the wall behind them is green paper.

I think it looks good.

I like it actually. It's the Green Line, after all.

I like it. Sure beats green paint over a cracked wall.

To be clear, I think it looks worlds better that what it replaced. I do have misgivings about its durability in this application. Could the T have done better with a more durable (and utilitarian) choice of finishes?

^^ Right.

I think it looks great now, but let's revisit it in 5-10 years.

Aaaaaalmost done

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3465-1.jpg

There was a lot of skepticism about this glass overhang when it was first proposed but now that it's finished..or almost finished, what's the verdict? I really like the looks, did like it from when it was first proposed but I don't use it. Is it functional...does it do the job of protecting riders from the elements?

Haven't had enough "elements" yet to say -- ask again in February

I know it's too early for a winter verdict...but how bout protection from the rain? And Ron, how's it look? Is it good for Kenmore Square?

I like the look, but I have no idea how functional it is since I haven't used it yet (not even in good weather).

Ive used it during light rain, but never during strong wind and rain.

Blandford street has new shelters (as do the other three non sheltered stops before packards ave, no idea if any changes were made to stops after packards corner)

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3975-1.jpg

I wonder why the green line is always on fire
IMG_3976.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

This is surprising
IMG_3977.jpg

CEMUSA compete with JCDecaux (Wall Corp). JC has an exclusive contract the Boston and provides all bus shelters for the MBTA. Wonder how this happened.

Bonus shot (shelters in the back)
As far as I know, these are the first Big Bellies in the city to feature recycling. BU stuck a bunch of them all down comm ave, replacing the open trash cans (75% or so of the new installations have recycling, the rest are lonely big bellies)

IMG_3973-1.jpg

I wish those recycling bins were all over the city.

Back