MBTA "Transformation" (Green Line, Red Line, & Orange Line Transformation Projects)

F-Line to Dudley

Reaction score
I believe its just minor updates/"beautification." They may potentially be moving the tracks to the center of Comm Ave, but I may be imagining I heard that.
That's the preferred alignment, but City has been deadlocked on it for years. They say it's too expensive and without MassHighway involvement (it being State Route 30) they can't center the reservation and need to default to half-measures dressing up the current alignment. State says as a city-control street the layout isn't their baby and this is BDPW's fix. T is caught in the middle because they can't do anything for GLT planning Packards-Warren until something shakes loose with other parties.

They're all half-decade or more behind schedule because of the stalemate. Maybe there's now behind-scenes movement afoot on a resolution, but we don't know yet what that might be because it's been years since any public presentation info has been updated. From outside view it's still as much a TBD as ever, pending any sort of news refresh on the renders.