Millennium (Hayward) Place | 580 Washington Street | Downtown

To be fair, we're looking at one tiny bit of their storefront and not judging it as a whole.

To be fair, we're looking at one tiny bit of their storefront and not judging it as a whole.

I just walked by. Construction paper is off the windows. Dining room and open kitchen opens up to Lafayette and bar/lounge opens up to Washington. Looks very nice.

That doorway and blank wall next to the LX entrance is for a stairway leading to the basement, and it makes me wonder why in the heck they put it at the most prominent corner of the building.

I'm pretty tired of endless walls of glass. This building offers up some nice textures and is a nice break from what we've been getting recently.

Yup, I'm glad we didn't get the circa 2008 version. Glass and alucobond ahoy!

50y5.jpg

If you want floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall windows, go to the Seaport. Let me know how warm and welcoming that is.

This makes me think of Jersey City and Newport with their endless line of cold and sterile looking towers vis a vis Manhattan.

Yup,

This makes me think of Jersey City and Newport with their endless line of cold and sterile looking towers vis a vis Manhattan.

Kz -- what's with the Manhattan worship -- there are plenty of Major League Krappy streetscapes in Manhattan -- just as is Jersey city

In fact, I would say Krappy at street-level is the rule in most of Manhattan South of Central Park and north of Penn Station

Oh jeez, I said Manhattan and now the thread must derail, especially now that whighlander chimed in. I shouldah known bettah...

Ha. Take it from firsthand experience, there are more than a few on here with itchy trigger fingers, just waiting for someone to mention Manhattan.

I agree though. Newport / JC are full of some lifeless new construction. Back to this thread, I am also glad the glass version was not built. It would just look too much like the W down the street.

maybe it's just winter or not quite complete, but the entrance doesn't look all that inviting. especially that concrete column.

I find most Legal Seafood entrances to be rather uninviting. And in many cases, the restaurant itself completely ignores the location, with step down entrances, etc., leaving a fairly dark and grotto like atmosphere.

Ah, now I remember where I saw Caffè Nero...burned my tongue like crazy on some of their tea in Victoria Station when I was visiting last month. It's cool they're coming to Boston, but as someone mentioned before, it's not anything out of this world.

I can imagine what some of those Washington St facing units are like inside.

Seinfeld_kenny_rogers_roasters.jpg

^^ Simulated (though accurate) view; actual view -vv-

6224.jpg

Asking price is a cool $1.249 mm

r8o3.jpg

8p83.jpg

And for that price you get 2 bedrooms and bathrooms

h6r1.jpg

More over at Curbed

That's a lot of apartment for $1.2M - 2 bedrooms, I think it is west facing, high quality finishes, all in a brand new building. I would take this over a spot in a Beacon Hill brownstone.

The difference in real cost between this and a similarly-priced Beacon Hill walk-up would be tens of thousands of dollars in HOA fees a year.

That's a lot of apartment for $1.2M - 2 bedrooms, I think it is west facing, high quality finishes, all in a brand new building. I would take this over a spot in a Beacon Hill brownstone.

I completely agree. I would love to live not specifically in this building, but in the area. From this location you can walk almost anywhere, theres a lot of options nearby, and the condo itself looks like very high quality.

The difference in real cost between this and a similarly-priced Beacon Hill walk-up would be tens of thousands of dollars in HOA fees a year.

Completely agree. Luxury developments typically have $1/sqft HOA...that's like a modest 2nd home monthly payment.

Does anyone recall what the exact tax credit they got for calling the property "blighted" was?

Back