Millennium (Hayward) Place | 580 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Millennium Place III | Hayward Place

Let me tell you, when you're standing there in person all you can notice is the glass, throwing light and reflections every which way.

Legal C-Bar to be more specific. It's a new concept from the Legal Seafood brand. If it's successful, Legal said they're going to try it in other markets.

FYI, Legal C Bar is not a new concept at all. There has been one in Dedham for at least 3 years now and I believe at least one other (the airport?). The one in this building is going to be called Legal Crossing ("LX") http://boston.eater.com/archives/2013/06/06/yes-millennium-place-will-have-a-legal-sea-foods.php

Same crappy food. Different name?

The brick itself doesn't bother me, but the use of it for vertical accents does, particularly at the ground level

I love this building. It's amazing how much it transforms the street compared to the gawd-awful parking lot and urine-drenched headhouse that was there before. I think this building along with the Filene's tower have the potential to finally, for reals transform DTX back into the hub it was before it's long decay.

Next I'd like to see someone buy the building housing the Corner Mall, preserve the exterior, and do a major interior re-fit. Turn the basement foodcourt into a marque store, a' la Time Warner Whole Foods, ground floor restaurants and bars that open onto the street, Class A office and condos above.

Next I'd like to see someone buy the building housing the Corner Mall, preserve the exterior, and do a major interior re-fit. Turn the basement foodcourt into a marque store, a' la Time Warner Whole Foods, ground floor restaurants and bars that open onto the street, Class A office and condos above.

Think the Corner Building makes for a nice Boutique Hotel

I'd keep the Corner Food Court but encourage fast but novel food kiosks -- sort of like a collection of Food Trucks

Does anyone know what kind of window glass is in this building? The Washington St. windows seem highly reflective. To what extent will the glass shield the residents living there from the bright neon 24/7? Does this glass have any privacy feature, in that at night will it block any/some/most of the light emanating from residential units?

I never got this criticism of Legals...

You've never seen anyone crapping on Legals? Where have you been the last... I don't know, ten years or so? They've got too many brands now, there's way too many of them, and the quality is sinking like the MWRA windmill on Alford St.

You've never seen anyone crapping on Legals? Where have you been the last... I don't know, ten years or so? They've got too many brands now, there's way too many of them, and the quality is sinking like the MWRA windmill on Alford St.

he said he doesnt understand why people do not that hed never seen it.

Millennium Place master deed reminds owners that they live in an "urban neighborhood" and that there may be subject to certain street and neighborhood noises and light sources and odors ...

FYI...according to the building's Website, there are only 9 units left.

One of the penthouses traded for $3.495 million earlier this week.

11620578705_39c3f56def_b.jpg

11621341196_b86e0e2480_b.jpg

11620794283_4a6a4f527a_b.jpg

11620929434_56f3ca0058_b.jpg

11620786993_429a289761_b.jpg

11620783333_202b8ac32d_b.jpg

11620781563_59d51f54cc_b.jpg

11620779563_e884213252_b.jpg

FYI...according to the building's Website, there are only 9 units left.

One of the penthouses traded for $3.495 million earlier this week.

JDR -- Yea -- BUT -- How many of them are being bought by fat-cat foreign investors -- some of these might end-up either being empty for a lot of the time, or else have absentee owners who make the place available for ....?

If you want a good, solid neighborhood -- you want to have a majority of the units housing -- owner occupiers who paid $500k or so and work in Boston / Cambridge and think of the place as home for at least a couple of years

Back