Millennium (Hayward) Place | 580 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Millennium Place III | Hayward Place

ya that's not terrible, but I guarantee this place has some intense fees that quickly through it into the unaffordable side of the spectrum for even most well heeled people.

1267 sq ft 2-bed, that is a decent sized place. $995K? Not a bad price either.

At $785/sqft that's pretty cheap for downtown standards. Back Bay/Beacon Hill regularly push $1000+/sqft. South End can be around $800-900/sqft.

Although like choo said I bet the fees are ridiculous. I could see them being $1000/month for all the perks you get.

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2013/10/midtown_luxury_units_sport_perks

According to this article from the Herald, the monthly condo fees are close to $2000 per month. And that the Washington street/Paramount Sign side of the building is the most desirable side of the building which might put the rest the fears that once those units are occupied, then the residents will lobby to cut down on the hours that the sign is illuminated.

The fact that it's 85% sold before anyone even moves in tells me there must be latent demand for these type of units in downtown locations. So I'm curious whether anyone has any insight - who are the buyers? Downsizing Westonite boomers? Foreign investors? Highly paid executives moving to Boston who in previous years may have ended up in Lexington?

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/2013/10/midtown_luxury_units_sport_perks

According to this article from the Herald, the monthly condo fees are close to $2000 per month. And that the Washington street/Paramount Sign side of the building is the most desirable side of the building which might put the rest the fears that once those units are occupied, then the residents will lobby to cut down on the hours that the sign is illuminated.

If I'm reading that correctly you only get the first year at the gym included with the fee? That's ridiculous. If I'm paying $2000/month in condo fees, I'd expect someone to come to my room and dress me, before carrying me in my own personal litter to the gym.

Condo fees are based either (a) upon the percentage interest that each unit has in the common areas and facilities of the condominium, which in turn is based on the relative values of the units when the condominium is created, or (b) the relative sizes of the units, perhaps taking into account other factors like location of the unit, amenities in the unit and the like. Basically, less expensive units than the one cited in the article will have lower condo fees than $2,000/month and more expensive units will have higher condo fees higher than $2,000/month.

Condo fees are pretty much $1 per square foot on all the listed units.

Typically, first-year condo fees are "conservative", meaning they tend to go up in future years. Actual expenses may vary widely from what the developers estimate, which is why this happens.

Closings began today, apparently. First unit showing as closed was a 1703-square foot home, sold for $1,445,000. Had a condo fee of $1,458.

Walked by today and both entrances were open and fully staffed.

10413727503_7fc7006ace_b.jpg

10413555685_fd84117521_b.jpg

10413508294_3f7abd881d_b.jpg

10413488414_927f5c59a3_b.jpg

10413453444_3b199948be_b.jpg

10413450546_c02efe2e53_b.jpg

10413434036_12d119c212_b.jpg

10413401256_8e9274cc24_b.jpg

10413512323_0436c2b43a_b.jpg

10413330006_4a2dd52447_b.jpg

Wow. Beautiful photos. The transformation of the of old Combat Zone is now complete.

If I had the necessary pretty pennies.....
It sure looks nice.

Saw a Gentle Giant moving van there last evening. Maybe we'll see some lights on in the near future.

Curbed is reporting that one of the units has already flipped. Unit 201 closed for $1.275 millionin the morning and then sold for $1.4 million a few hours later. Go figure.

Looks like the building is operational. All these years of ups and downs with this project. Does this thread now move to the "Boston Architecture" section?

Looks like the building is operational. All these years of ups and downs with this project. Does this thread now move to the "Boston Architecture" section?

No. I think that the new deal is that it will get marked with a black box on the thread page, which denotes that it's complete.

Legal C-Bar to be more specific. It's a new concept from the Legal Seafood brand. If it's successful, Legal said they're going to try it in other markets.

This place is a pretty friggin' sweet addition to downtown, I must say. The pictures on the last couple pages are outstanding. Love the reflections, the canyon view down Washington, etc. I still find the bricks a bit bothersome -- there's something odd about them and I can't put my finger on it. The color? The monotony of the brick sections? I don't know. There's something bothersome that most brick buildings wouldn't irk me.

Back