Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Tokyo. this could either be a really good or really bad idea depending on how it would be implemented. I personally would like to see it tried.

Coleslaw -- actually sounds a bit like Ferdinands in Dudley Sq. -- there used to be a direct access from the platform to the building annex

logo%2B1920%2527s.jpg

1922.jpg

Ferdinand%2527s%2B1963.jpg

Windows are being installed on the "open side" of the Burnham Building.

Can we obtain pictures? I am two states away or else I would hop on the T during lunch.

Sorry for what is definitely a dumb question, but why are windows going up now? Isn't this building being fused to the side of the new tower?

In the new plan there is more a distinction and some spacing between this and the actual tower.

Sorry for what is definitely a dumb question, but why are windows going up now? Isn't this building being fused to the side of the new tower?

Not a dumb question at all. I wondered the exact same thing. Seems odd to me that Arnold is going to move their office there in 9-10 months and yet there will be 2-3 years of very heavy construction there practically right on top of their offices. Not exactly the most conducive environment for working but it is obviously just temporary.

My boss was confused about this too. The Burnham Building and Millennium Tower will rise independent of each other and will be connected by the podium:

28ba620.png

2crrfis.png

Grabbed some more photos of the glass walking back from jury duty today. How exciting!

Wonder how many extra sheets of glass they have ordered to allow for breakage as the tower rises.

I'm wondering if this is the same glass that will be used on the tower. It looks like the top 6 floors of the Burnham building will receive this glass and the rest of the floors will be connected to the podium.

Wonder how many extra sheets of glass they have ordered to allow for breakage as the tower rises.

Isn't the Burnham being occupied this coming fall? Will the tower construction even be above ground by then? I cannot imagine they would have office workers occupying the Burnham if they thought the glass would break during the tower construction.

I'm wondering if this is the same glass that will be used on the tower. It looks like the top 6 floors of the Burnham building will receive this glass and the rest of the floors will be connected to the podium.

DHZ -- if you compare the cross section with the pictures it looks as if 5 floors [not counting the mechanicals penthouse] will be glazed

28ba620.png

11348687405_18b5e8f490_b.jpg

That would put the current glass installation on the 2nd floor of the glazed portion of the Burnham

My guess is that the glazing will enclose the part of the building where Arnold will begin moving in the next few months [or at least the build-out for their moving in]

I'm assuming that below the FLOOR where the glazing is beginning to be installed will be just a temporary enclosure to make construction work inside the Burnham more pleasant for the next few months

Last edited:
How much, if anything, will snow delay/impede the construction? I have always wondered how crews handle the snow at projects like this.

New row of spandrels between floors (so glad they went with glazed vs opaque panels between floors) and a new row of glazing:

3128vb7.jpg

New row of spandrels between floors (so glad they went with glazed vs opaque panels between floors) and a new row of glazing:

3128vb7.jpg

Great pic! Any activity in the "pit" this morning. I walked by the other night and looked like they had some shoring going on.

When do you think we will see the tower start to rise?

All these transformative projects got approved and we've yet to see anything in the air.

Great pic! Any activity in the "pit" this morning. I walked by the other night and looked like they had some shoring going on.

yes, still moving a TON of dirt around. There has been action in the pit every weekday for the last few months. I cannot comment on the weekends. Just a guess but I bet we see a crane in the pit in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back