Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched this thread for the keyword, "newsletter", and came up empty, so, I'll post the second edition of the "Burnham Building Millennium Tower NEWSLETTER".
I couldn't get a link, only a PDF file, from downtownboston.org, under the website's NEWS column. I don't know if the website will post all of the newsletters.

Burnham+Building+Millennium+Tower+Spring+2014+Update.pdf

The rebar is still being delivered truck after truck and hoisted into the pit via crane with remarkable speed.

Can anyone shed some light on what the purpose is of sounding air horns on the site? I hear them throughout the day from my office and have not been able to find a pattern or any rhyme or reason to them.

They do it when lifting a load over the heads of the workers in the hole. They are then aware and able to keep an eye on it / move as needed

They were doing the same with dumpsters last week

I searched this thread for the keyword, "newsletter", and came up empty, so, I'll post the second edition of the "Burnham Building Millennium Tower NEWSLETTER".
I couldn't get a link, only a PDF file, from downtownboston.org, under the website's NEWS column. I don't know if the website will post all of the newsletters.

Burnham+Building+Millennium+Tower+Spring+2014+Update.pdf

Thanks for sharing! That news letter is some good info.
http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1011270028105-4366/Burnham+Building+Millennium+Tower+Spring+2014+Update.pdf

According to the newsletter, the concrete pour is going to be from 4:00am Sat 4/26 to 4:00pm 4/27.

Thanks for sharing!

Gives updated info on the construction progress.

You're welcome, hopefully we'll have access to every newsletter. It will be interesting to have information on all of the construction stages, with pictures, too!

Suffolk actually does newsletters for all of their projects. They just get buried on the net...

But thx for finding this one. =)

Yes it would be interesting to be able to keep abreast of the construction progress on this project.

Suffolk actually does newsletters for all of their projects. They just get buried on the net...

But thx for finding this one. =)

Yeah I'd be interested in knowing where to find these as well... I did a few google searches and nothing came up.

I honestly have no idea where they post them, but they seem to pop up from time to time. Maybe it's select projects.

Not sure I'd trust the remaining support beams for the overhang like the guy in the Bobcat:

KEhNoet.jpg

Looks great, but I'm still having a problem with the different glass treatment on the top floor.

Looks great, but I'm still having a problem with the different glass treatment on the top floor.

In the end you won't really be able to see that glass from the street because of the podium. You'll have to try very hard to actually see it.

It will likely tie together visually with the tower pretty nicely. Hold your judgement.

cca

Maybe it's a preview for the top of the tower. We won't know until near the very end of this process.

Looks like they are perhaps adding another crane base right now as they are lowering a large crane piece into the pit. Or maybe they are just stashing pieces to make the current one taller eventually. Hard to tell from my vantage point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back