Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these pictures are just making me really want a 5 or 6 story bright yellow building somewhere in downtown Boston.

It would be excellent if they kept outdoor produce even after the supermarket opens.

15150888290_01c0bc6ab4_b.jpg

15314572296_d2a1133e82_b.jpg

The view coming up franklin street once the glass is up there is going to be sweet

It'll be a cool effect, definitely, but at this point the glass will be reflecting the Garage at 33 Arch, lol. That's another problem for another job on another day.

I also love the yellow meshing. I will be sad when it goes. It adds a great visual punch to the area.

cca

I also love the yellow meshing. I will be sad when it goes. It adds a great visual punch to the area.

cca

I agree that it does look good. However, I have to think that a 625' glass tower with an active supermarket and department store will add plenty of visual punch, with or without the yellow!

I wonder how long it will be before we see this puppy start to poke its head out from this view across the river.

My best guess, comparing it to 75 Fed, we'd see this poke up somewhere between floor 12-15. They're getting close to being done with the podium portion, I imagine floors will go up pretty quickly when they're framing out & pouring just the tower floor plates.

I wonder how long it will be before we see this puppy start to poke its head out from this view across the river.

Since you can't see the old building it will obviously have to pass that. I'm guessing somewhere around 12 floors it will start poking out depending on the angle. Personally, I can't wait until we can start seeing this tower without actually having to be within downtown crossing.

Since you can't see the old building it will obviously have to pass that. I'm guessing somewhere around 12 floors it will start poking out depending on the angle. Personally, I can't wait until we can start seeing this tower without actually having to be within downtown crossing.

over/under (or is it after/before?) on visibility from the river = December 14 :)

over/under (or is it after/before?) on visibility from the river = December 14 :)

First, I would like to say that I know a bit about construction scheduling but next to nothing about tower construction and the CIP proces. That said, in order to be visible from the river, it would have to grow at least 8 stories, and as many as 11 stories. There's a little more than 10 weeks between now and then, so call it 11. Basically, they would have to be framing, reinforcing, & pouring at least a floor per week to get there. With my limited knowledge, I feel like it's going to be more than 1 week per floor, so I'm saying after. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Last edited:
I feel like this concrete method is 4 times slower than steel.

Podiums are usually pretty slow going. I'm sure things will be faster as things progress to the tower floors.

Additionally, I feel we are all pretty spoiled by the speed at which recent steel structures/concrete core buildings have gone up.

Off topic - I've always wondered why there's a Mexican flag flying on the side of that building. Is there a consulate for Mexico located in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back