Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took this with my cell today from the top (10th) floor of the garage across the street.

I'm pretty sure I've never been in that garage. But, if it's considered an open garage and is not sprinklered. Then wrapping the exterior becomes very expensive upgrade. Dry sprinkler system with galvanized piping over 10 floors is mucho bucko. Take some serious incentive to do so.

Of course for all I know, the building is already sprinklered.

I'm pretty sure I've never been in that garage. But, if it's considered an open garage and is not sprinklered. Then wrapping the exterior becomes very expensive upgrade. Dry sprinkler system with galvanized piping over 10 floors is mucho bucko. Take some serious incentive to do so.

Of course for all I know, the building is already sprinklered.

Sheamus I was at the garage on floors 9 & 10 yesterday -- there is some sort of work underway as a sign indicates that some of the elevators do not stop at some of the garage floors

The garage was originally built back in the 60's and then renovated twice once around 2000 and then more completely when the 33 Arch Building did away with its original ramp structures and integrated itself into and over and above the garage

from Elkus' web site
http://www.elkus-manfredi.com/upload/attachment/33ARCH_Broch_lr.pdf
To create the building site, a large double helix parking ramp that accessed seven levels of parking above the adjacent 350 Washington Street building was demolished.
The redesigned site permitted the reconnection of Hawley Street between Franklin Street and Milk Street. Hawley Street now serves as the entry to the parking garage for 880 cars.
Located on the edge of the Financial District, the tower offers 600,000 square feet of Class A office space with floor plates ranging from 19,000 to 25,000 square feet.
To achieve these large floor plates, floors 12 through 32 cantilever out 40 feet above the adjacent parking structure. Perimeter diagonal bracing extends from the foundation to the 17th floor on the north and south façades, making the cantilever possible

More new cladding today! Also caught this one peeking out from near the top of the common, by Beacon St and the Statehouse. No pics sorry.

More new cladding today! Also caught this one peeking out from near the top of the common, by Beacon St and the Statehouse. No pics sorry.

^ Good catch! It also looks good to us over near the Fed (~200ft+) as it rises beyond the B.

This thing is fantastic. I got in to the city to see it in person for the first time today and spent a while just staring up at it from all sides and walking around it again and again, imagining the future.

Whoever rents apartments on the topmost floors of this building is going to be blessed with a fantastic view of the sun rising & setting!! :cool:

Whoever rents apartments on the topmost floors of this building is going to be blessed with a fantastic view of the sun rising & setting!! :cool:

Javon -- the building is all condos

Top Floor Penthouse just in case you are interested -- is $37.5 M -- but that's just the floor, ceiling, elevator, external glass, some power and some water -- you are responsible for the fit-out

That framing is on top of the swimming pool. Not a bad idea to use the pool as a temporary construction office. Makes sense. Heck, I think it's larger than a typ. construction trailer.

I think they're just trying to cover it to keep snow out of it though, since there is no facade yet over there to block the elements.

Last edited:
stack.jpg

I don't know if anyone had posted this, but I just found it. :)

Words can't express how happy I am to finally see this baby rise.

It'll be so beautiful to look at when it is completed!!

That is ALL I'l be able to do is look at it! Would never be able to move into there! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back