Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
stack.jpg

I don't know if anyone had posted this, but I just found it. :)

So there will be a Roche Bros. Basement

The real question is -- will there be an "Automatic Basement" as in the old days of Filenes before there was a separate Filene's Basement

The automatic feature translated to Roche Brothers:

day 1 Avocados list for $1.00
day 2 Avocados reduced to $0.75
day 3 Avocados reduced to $0.50
day 4 Avocados reduced to $0.25

for those Avocados found buried under the turnips past 4 days -- they're free

It'll be so beautiful to look at when it is completed!!

That is ALL I'l be able to do is look at it! Would never be able to move into there! :eek:

Cheer-up -- Perhaps you'll be able to shop for 4 day old Avocados in the Roche Bros. Basement

Curious to see what fills the remaining available retail. Hopefully there will be something in the way of restaurant/bar/entertainment. Primark isn't going to bring much life to the area after 6-7pm during the week. This building needs at least one destination restaurant/bar/entertainment venue and hopefully more than one.

I would love a Dave n Buster here. Just went to the one in NYC and it definitely brings people into the area.

And perhaps a bar with bowling lanes and pool tables.

Curious to see what fills the remaining available retail. Hopefully there will be something in the way of restaurant/bar/entertainment. Primark isn't going to bring much life to the area after 6-7pm during the week. This building needs at least one destination restaurant/bar/entertainment venue and hopefully more than one.

I would love a Dave n Buster here. Just went to the one in NYC and it definitely brings people into the area.

And perhaps a bar with bowling lanes and pool tables.

Latitude 360 is already planning to open a couple blocks away on Washington st. So that would fill the nightclub/bar/bowling alley void for the area.

Michael Mina has already signed on to plan the residents food/bar menu. Maybe he could be convinced to open a Bourbon Steak, which would be awesome for the area.

Latitude 360 is already planning to open a couple blocks away on Washington st. So that would fill the nightclub/bar/bowling alley void for the area.

Where's it going? Felt?

They did add a significant amount of cladding yesterday. I think they're really rushing to get this thing enclosed.

MEP has also reached level 4. Very impressive progress.

Looking so freaking good. Quick snaps on my way into work this morning:

JegztfS.jpg

W0XIbLa.jpg

VY5DUBu.jpg

Xue99BX.jpg

Other than tall, skinny and glassy no resemblance really. It's the design of choice now.

Nice pics Data! I think it will be really telling when we see the glazing on the residential floors, and if it's the same type/quality that we see on the podium.

Data, in person, does the glass on this look exactly like the glass on the hancock tower, or slightly different? From the pics it looks almost exactly the same to me, so i'm curious if its a different color/tint in person.

Data, in person, does the glass on this look exactly like the glass on the hancock tower, or slightly different? From the pics it looks almost exactly the same to me, so i'm curious if its a different color/tint in person.

I haven't walked around the base of the Hancock in a while, now that I don't live over there anymore, but it is a very similar tint and effect from what I can recall. Maybe Millennium Tower's is slightly darker and a little less opaque.

I'll investigate soon, maybe Friday when it warms up to a balmy 30(!). I can never get enough of the Hancock.

This one has spandrel between floors, while the Hancock is floor to ceiling glass. That's the biggest difference so far. It's much more obvious on the Hawley St. side of the building, which has a lot more spandrel so far.

Also, the Hancock essentially has uniform windows all the way up. We still aren't sure yet if the residential glass (looks like floors 6+) will totally match the base. Tough to totally extrapolate how the rest of the tower will look until we find that out.

Are you stuck in Detroit while this is getting built?

Yes I am, and I've popped by to check it out a couple times when I was home over the holidays, but I'll only get to see this thing a couple of times a year. Can't wait for the first time I visit DTX when this is completed and people are living there.

Since it took me nearly a millennium to find pricing info, I'll repost here.

Prices for the tower’s 442 units start at $850,000 for a 759-square-foot one bedroom and go up from there, and a two-bedroom unit starts at $1.5 million. There are 17 penthouses, starting at $7.6 million for a 3,300-square-foot unit.

Despite the sky-high price tag on the penthouse unit, Baumert contends it is within reason of other luxury condos sales in Boston in terms of price per square foot, weighing in at $3,000 — which is very high but not record shattering.

So far, the pricing doesn’t seem to be scaring anyone off, with buyers having already inked contracts for 150 units, including three penthouses, though, not the $37.5 million special. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back