Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston seems way too reluctant to build something taller than the John Hancock Tower. I think mainly because the FAA might have restrictions in place as to where to put one, because of certain flight paths.

And some of the residents are balking up, because tall building block the sunlight certain times of the day.

Cambridge should just build the tallest building then. Idk why their buildings are so short.

Cambridge should just build the tallest building then. Idk why their buildings are so short.

They are even about to build a tower that will almost equal or surpass the height of the Pru! But so far, nothing is even planned that would eclipse the JHT!

Last edited:
They are even about to build a tower that will equal or surpass the height of the Pru! But so far, nothing is even planned that would eclipse the JHT!

This is simply not true. Unless you have some VERY INSIDE INFORMATION and you are THE FIRST LEAK of a building that MORE THAN DOUBLES the maximum height allowed in a city with extensive review for all projects and very ant-height residents.

But, more likely than not, this is not true.

Say what?? Details?

What's the name going to be of that tall triangular-shaped tower where the land was cleared near the Sheraton & Hilton Hotels over in the Back Bay area near Christian Science? :confused:

This is simply not true. Unless you have some VERY INSIDE INFORMATION and you are THE FIRST LEAK of a building that MORE THAN DOUBLES the maximum height allowed in a city with extensive review for all projects and very ant-height residents.

But, more likely than not, this is not true.

Are you sure about that? I KNOW what I'm talking about, because here's the link below, which was posted in the Boston Globe!

It is posted somewhere in the forum, but I can't find it. :rolleyes:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...on-skyline/WVLKv4IqrgfCgq8ldup1kJ/story.html#

I think people thought you were talking about Cambridge...

Nah.

Cambridge has all short buildings. I know that nothing tall has....; Well wait. There ARE some taller buildings in & around Kendall Sq., but yeah, I was talking about proposed, planned or actual constr. of tall towers near the Pru Center.

Thanks. :cool:

That's not in Cambridge. One of the design firms (Cambridge 7 Associates) involved is based in Cambridge. That might be your confusion. But no, Cambridge has no plans for a skyscraper.

You are not getting what I said. You're disputing me about a planned tower near the Pru - not Cambridge. I never once said that the tower would be built in Cambridge.

Please go back and read my post a little bit more carefully. In it, the city of Cambridge was never mentioned, I don't think. I think that you got it twisted. :eek:

Last edited:
You are not getting what I said. You're disputing me about a planned tower near the Pru - not Cambridge. I never once said that the tower would be built in Cambridge.

Please go back and read my post a little bit more carefully. In it, the city of Cambridge was never mentioned, I don't think. I think that you got it twisted. :eek:

Look back up to post #5869

They are even about to build a tower that will almost equal or surpass the height of the Pru! But so far, nothing is even planned that would eclipse the JHT!

You were responding directly to a post about building tall buildings in Cambridge.

Look back up to post #5869

Cambridge was mentioned in the post that I quoted, yes, but not in my post.

But I was talking about Boston & the tall tower that is planned near the Pru.
I know that it is not being built in the city of Cambridge.

He thought that I was talking about the city of Cambridge, but I was not. And this is probably why he began disputing me so quickly.

Hopefully, this clears up the confusion on his part. :eek:

Saturday, from Savin Hill

16940598264_0994edc112_b.jpg

See it?

17375289038_bb4bf912e5_b.jpg

17375381268_b167a4132d_b.jpg

17375566800_d1419f4a97_b.jpg

17536787756_9110e18f62_b.jpg

16940586424_0c134d156d_b.jpg

17560848392_4994d11452_b.jpg

17536782916_000f09c52f_b.jpg

17563169345_268420b409_b.jpg

17375548160_7bb9272f05_b.jpg

17563136575_824e84db07_b.jpg

17376795239_be7e0ed10b_b.jpg

and from Belmont

17563007761_0ebd748c8a_b.jpg

You were responding directly to a post about building tall buildings in Cambridge.

Yes, but I was talking about Boston & the area near the Pru Center. You'd think that they would automatically know that already.

I meant to, but didn't say near the Pru, and that is where I think things got mixed up. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, yes, we know that now.

But don't worry about it. Everyone is on the same page now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back