Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millenium%20Tower%20Boston.jpg

I'm getting impatient...when will this thing top out!

Welp I'm back in town for a few days

17414219772_624a3382cc_b.jpg

17414197482_7a5e9908ba_b.jpg

17416129725_06fc3b8e44_b.jpg

17414159272_3cbc400515_b.jpg

17228539870_2ce43dc2f1_b.jpg

Love that nice warm blue summer sunset against the tower & surrounding buildings!

I'm quite surprised that there is only one tower crane doing all the work for this building!

Love that nice warm blue summer sunset against the tower & surrounding buildings!

I'm quite surprised that there is only one tower crane doing all the work for this building!

Jahvon -- there is a construction elevator on the side of the tower closest to the Burnham to podium connection on Washington St.

I presume that glass, plumbing and such comes up the elevator and of course there are the two concrete booms working on the pours

Any one know where the floor count is at now?

Looked like they were closing in on 30 when I walked past at noon today.

This is thing is going to be a monster the way it looms over Washington St. Not used to this height in DTX.

Jahvon -- there is a construction elevator on the side of the tower closest to the Burnham to podium connection on Washington St.

I presume that glass, plumbing and such comes up the elevator and of course there are the two concrete booms working on the pours

I saw that before.

When done, this building will look almost as tall as the JHT!

Nice shot, cozzyd.

I'm really excited for this tower still, but I'm starting to think that it's not really going to stand out that much. Yes, the materials and form are different than most of the boxes that make up the downtown skyline. But this is really only going to be slightly taller than surrounding buildings, so it won't jump out from all over. Moreover, it's slender (which is a good thing), so it won't really "dominate" the view as some of the other older structures do (I'm thinking 1 Beacon, 100 Federal, 1 Boston Place and 1 Financial).

The plateau aspect of the skyline is one reason people consider it somewhat unremarkable. I also think the incredible girth of some of the most notable buildings (inc. the ones I listed above) adds to the stumpy effect of the skyline. I do think Boston's towers look shorter than they really are from a distance.

The MT won't do much to change that or add much scale. It's going to succeed most at filling a gaping hole in DTX and adding both more retail and pedestrian activity to the district.

I disagree, just because it is almost 100 feet taller than anything around it except One Boston Place which it will still be 84 feet taller than. The only view I think this wont stand out from is looking at the skyline from the waterfront. There is only one way to find out and that is to wait until it is finished.

Nice shot, cozzyd.

I'm really excited for this tower still, but I'm starting to think that it's not really going to stand out that much. Yes, the materials and form are different than most of the boxes that make up the downtown skyline. But this is really only going to be slightly taller than surrounding buildings, so it won't jump out from all over. Moreover, it's slender (which is a good thing), so it won't really "dominate" the view as some of the other older structures do (I'm thinking 1 Beacon, 100 Federal, 1 Boston Place and 1 Financial).

The plateau aspect of the skyline is one reason people consider it somewhat unremarkable. I also think the incredible girth of some of the most notable buildings (inc. the ones I listed above) adds to the stumpy effect of the skyline. I do think Boston's towers look shorter than they really are from a distance.

The MT won't do much to change that or add much scale. It's going to succeed most at filling a gaping hole in DTX and adding both more retail and pedestrian activity to the district.

Boston seems way too reluctant to build something taller than the John Hancock Tower. I think mainly because the FAA might have tight restrictions in place as to where to put one, because of certain flight paths.

And some of the residents are balking up, because tall building block the sunlight certain times of the day.

Last edited:
From afar (Northeastern's Ren. Garage)

It should be quite prominent from here, considering the buildings in front of it are 450-475 feet.

Yea it'll be 210 feet taller than millennium place, going to be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back