Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Filene's

Ron,
They are doing alot of work, but things seem to be focused on the lowrise on the corner of Washington and Franklin.
Toby

The management agent at 101 Arch Street circulated the following to tenants today:

"Either tomorrow or Monday, Suffolk Constuction will be pulling down another section of wall into the building. They wanted us to be aware that this work is planned, so that when we hear the loud noise we will not be alarmed. I am told that this section is not along Hawley Street, but on the interior portion of the building."

Here is a picture of Hawley Street in less tumultous times:

002039.jpg

It might be a smart idea to close Hawley anyway, just in case things don't go as planned.

I agree. I will be standing by with camera to capture the action!

4/25/08

L10700532.jpg

L10700592.jpg

L10700082.jpg

The following photograph depicts the upper level of Filene's Basement, at the approximate location of the men's shoe department.

L10700502.jpg

L10700342.jpg

I still walk down Hawley st. everyweekday, and honestly it never enters my mind. Something falls on my head, so be it. Quite honestly I saw the pics of the falling debris and that was that.... My mind is never on that building walking up Hawley St. escalator, work blurs it out too much... hell maybe something with fall on me...

Obviously they are gonna have to do something with the Wash st side of the 70's building to tear it down. Close a portion of Wash st or do it at 4am on sat night.

From April 27, 2008:

The rest of my Filene's/One Franklin Demolition Pics are HERE

^^ Last picture reminds me of the old cartoons where the bad guy would cut a hole in the floor around themselves and then fall through.

great pictures guys!
How long will demolition take? Will this building start to rise by 2009?

L1070367.jpg

There is a nice pictorial essay in the May 2-8 BBJ, page 43. Two choice interior shots.

Last edited:

Ok GMACK & Toby.

I just saw a sign stating that the last scrap of building on the corner of Franklin and Washington is coming down on Sunday.

Unfortunatly, I'm not going to be in town for the next two weeks.

You guys need to step up and photograph the hell out of the lot next week.

After that, it will just be months of site prep until we can open a shiny new One Franklin U/C thread.

I'm counting on you. Don't let me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back