Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point in the podium floors, but if it is in fact 56 stories and the reports that it is 625 feet to the top of the last occupiable floor are true, it can't possibly be at 580 feet with 8 floors to go. Although I believe these last floors are more like 12 feet, let's assume that they are only 10. That leaves 80 feet to go to hit 625 and a maximum current height of 545. Remember that this building sits higher than most of the buildings in the plateau.

IIRC, City Residences (marketed levels 10-32) have 9'-0" FTC heights (so around 10'-6" FTF) and Grand Residences (marketed levels 38-55) have 10'-0" FTC heights (so around 11'-6" FTF), with the exception of the residential penthouses.

Last edited:
Good point in the podium floors, but if it is in fact 56 stories and the reports that it is 625 feet to the top of the last occupiable floor are true....

Are you sure the measurement is to the TOP of the last occupiable floor? I was under the impression that 625' was essentially the bottom of 56. Like if you were on that floor, your feet would be at 625' and the actual space you're in is above that.

This is, definitely, substantially taller than the 525-535' you are estimating.

The zoning definition of height is to the top of the last occupiable floor. If the 56th floor is occupiable for human habitation, the height would include to the top of that floor. If 625 is in fact the zoning height and datadyne is right that the FTF is 11.5 feet (and possibly more for the penthouse units), we still have 92 feet or more to go to get to 625.

Not sure how accurate it is, but I believe the sign at the BFD temporary standpipe marks the roof as 645'. I'm assuming this is the top of the last occupiable floor and the point where the mechanical levels begin.

According to the Second Amended and Restated Development Plan for the PDA for this project (and I'm not aware of any further amendment), the maximum zoning height is 625 feet:

The Project buildings will have a maximum building height (which shall mean the vertical distance from grade to the top of the structure of the last occupied floor, without a requirement that the total area of roof structures and penthouses not exceed 33 1/3 percent of thetotal of all roof areas) not to exceed six hundred twenty-five (625) feet.

Just saw it again from afar in Arlington. No pics. Trying to figure out height. I guess maybe just 570' or so? Or 580'+ to the highest core sticking up? It's so close to the top of the plateau. I guess none of us really know how the floor count will play out until it happens. This might end up looking huger than I thought.

I promise I'm not being sarcastic here... this is the greatest debate this forum has ever had, because I have been constantly guessing what the current height is, and how it is going to finally look.

I'm not sure how up to date this is, but it's the only similar-type diagram that I have seen. Here you can see 55 floors plus mech. No idea anymore what the current height is or how much is left to go.

Here's is another tidbit of info... The Millennium tower is about 25 feet higher in elevation than 1 Fed, 100 Fed, Fed Reserve, and 1 Financial.

Here's is another tidbit of info... The Millennium tower is about 25 feet higher in elevation than 1 Fed, 100 Fed, Fed Reserve, and 1 Financial.

I knew I remembered seeing an explanation for the height figure:

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/...millennium-tower-685-ft-tall-not-625-ft-tall/

Actual elevation of the ground on which it sits + MEP penthouse + marketing strategy + actual building = 685'

Basically, it's a building and it will have a highest point that's much higher than most buildings in the city and will be visible from all sorts of places.

I knew I remembered seeing an explanation for the height figure:

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/...millennium-tower-685-ft-tall-not-625-ft-tall/

Actual elevation of the ground on which it sits + MEP penthouse + marketing strategy + actual building = 685'

Basically, it's a building and it will have a highest point that's much higher than most buildings in the city and will be visible from all sorts of places.

If that is accurate then the actual height of the building is 655 feet (i.e., from street level to top of penthouse), though it may appear taller because of the elevation of the project site.

Pretty sure it's just 685' and whoever wrote that is confused. 60' mech. Buildings are measured from the ground, otherwise we'd be saying that Denver has a bunch of 5000 footers.

You know I recall when this thing broke ground the Globe tried causing a controversy by writing an article that nobody really knew the exact precise height of this building. That depending on who you asked it was somewhere in the 625 - 660" range. Nobody in the city, the contractor or the developer's offices could give a answer that was the same as the other party.

You know I recall when this thing broke ground the Globe tried causing a controversy by writing an article that nobody really knew the exact precise height of this building. That depending on who you asked it was somewhere in the 625 - 660" range. Nobody in the city, the contractor or the developer's offices could give a answer that was the same as the other party.

This issue comes around with almost ever tallish building. Official approved height (to tallest occupied floor), versus actual height to top of mechanicals, decorative topper, etc.

Ignorant media creating a faux controversy.

Great pix! I love the way this thing uniformly glows at night. This won't be the case when it is finished (different condos will be occupied and lights will be on or off), so we should enjoy this beautiful nighttime sculpture while it lasts.

Walked past it yesterday on my way to get a tasty Chilean sandwich at Chacarero... and yes the glass is truly filthy. This thing is going to be very good looking once the cleaning treatment is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back