Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great having a focal point on the skyline from that angle. Downtown really has two of them now, International Place on one side and Millennium on the other.

22074968816_05b3691299_b.jpg

21480005443_5a802e6cbb_b.jpg

22101155355_cdc28e5b39_b.jpg

By the way I have a theory on the FAA's 677' number. The FAA is concerned about the height from the street to the tip, as opposed to the "official" height. In this case, the highest point is over Washington Street, which happens to have a clearly higher elevation than Hawley Street. It's entirely possible that they took the measurement from Washington Street, whereas the "official" height starts at the lowest point, from Hawley. So in that case, I'm comfortable leaving the 685' as is.

Anyone know the timeline on the Roche expanding into the basement of the new tower?

^ I have my own concerns with Roche Bros.... I dont think it has really caught on yet. Its never really that busy, especially if you go there non rush hour times. I have gotten some rotten veggies from there and I'd bet the business is off so product turnover is hurting them. Hopefully they can survive for a while until the tower and other new buildings bring in permanent residents.

^ I have my own concerns with Roche Bros.... I dont think it has really caught on yet. Its never really that busy, especially if you go there non rush hour times. I have gotten some rotten veggies from there and I'd bet the business is off so product turnover is hurting them. Hopefully they can survive for a while until the tower and other new buildings bring in permanent residents.

I'm sure Roche has anticipated a slow start in anticipation of having several hundred high-income households as a captive market (not to mention the hundreds of new HIHs that are not quite as captive). Personally, I think the current Roche is overpriced for what they are offering, but I think they'll do fine.

From 10/10 Part 1 of 2

DZH -- Those are great pix juxtaposing the MT with the reconstruction of the Longfellow -- a big horizontal construction scene and the awesome verticality of the MT

Last edited:
I've spoken to people at Roche and general consensus is that the store is beating expectations...so I wouldn't worry about them.

I go to Roche Bros probably once a week. During lunch time, especially, it's VERY busy. I've been after work a few times as well, and the line for the checkout was quite long. I think they're doing just fine!

I feel like the tower might've benefited from a setback on the western side- as it is, the top seems slightly unbalanced.

This early render is a good visual:
8YxOUeE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back