Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are serious urban design flaws in the Seaport that time cannot correct, without serious rebuilding. A lot of the Seaport is destined to remain pretty sterile for decades.

Jeff, give it some time. One Seaport Square will have 260,000 sq.ft. of retail/restaurants, the office building and condo building to be constructed at Pier 4 will have 20,000 sq.ft. and 17,000 sq.ft., Watermark Seaport has 25,000 sq.ft, 121 Seaport Blvd (the elliptical office building) 50,000 sq.ft. and the combined M1M2 parcels will have 125,000 sq.ft. of restaurant/retail. That's a hell of a lot of retail/restaurant/active space to be hitting the streets there in the next 5 years (hopefully) or so. This, in addition to what's already there and not counting what's in the pipeline over the next 10 years. Granted, the gaps are there but they will be filled in. Every single time I've been to that restaurant row, Liberty Wharf, it's overflowing with activity as is the Envoy Hotel, Whiskey Priest, etc. Hardly sterile there. Flaws, yup they're there, sterile open lots, yup, but lots of good stuff as well with more to come. I have high hopes for the area.

Last edited:
Given how many threads we have about Seaport projects... let's redirect.

1113-025.jpg

1113-012.jpg

Bad iPhone shots, but I noticed this guy watching over the beer festival on the Greenway this weekend.

What's the delay with the last 4 floors of glass, anyone know?

What's the delay with the last 4 floors of glass, anyone know?

They're working on the second black strip of balcony glass or whatever the heck it is. It's slow going, but hasn't stopped by any means.

Nice photos, but the Millennium Tower looks like it's titling to the right in the last 2 photos. A weird optical illusion.

^Coming down the stairs from Beacon to the Common in front of the State House gives the same illusion. I always do a double take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back