Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
From tonight:

7iAsrXI.jpg

Love those night & daytime pics of the tower!! :cool:

Window washing rig. Its permanent.

Big boy buildings get this sort of things. The rest just have people throwing themselves over the sides in bosun's rigs.

cca

So they're never going to put a "roof" on MT? Something to cover the top? From certain angles south of the city (especially when driving northbound on the expressway) it almost looks unfinished to me.

So they're never going to put a "roof" on MT? Something to cover the top? From certain angles south of the city (especially when driving northbound on the expressway) it almost looks unfinished to me.

The renderings show a roof with a narrow opening (perhaps to accommodate the crane). I guess we are just going to have to wait and see.

The roof is there ... it is just down quite a bit. The glass is just a screen for all the stuff that no one wants to see. The crane will telescope in ... and likely tuck back behind the screen when not in use. You will not have to see it much.

cca

I think he means the view from dorchester where as seen in that last pic all of the silver metal framework of the crown glass is visible and looks unfinished. I think we just have to live with it.

I think he means the view from dorchester where as seen in that last pic all of the silver metal framework of the crown glass is visible and looks unfinished. I think we just have to live with it.

Not so sure about that. The renderings show a roof or covering at the top of the glass screen. Hopefully that is still in the plans.

Its possible but there is no signs of it happening, renders don't mean much because they like to clean them up ie: add trees, remove bollards, add all kinds of happy people running and jumping around at base level. Just look at how doctored up the new South Station Tower rendering is at base level as an example. They wouldn't go out of their way to model all of the bracing and mechanicals behind the screen when they can just model a flat blue top and be done with it. I hope it happens but nothing has shown me it will to this point. If it does I will be very glad though, but I wouldn't go by a render. A construction blueprint yes.

Its possible but there is no signs of it happening, renders don't mean much because they like to clean them up ie: add trees, remove bollards, add all kinds of happy people running and jumping around at base level. Just look at how doctored up the new South Station Tower rendering is at base level as an example. They wouldn't go out of their way to model all of the bracing and mechanicals behind the screen when they can just model a flat blue top and be done with it. I hope it happens but nothing has shown me it will to this point. If it does I will be very glad though, but I wouldn't go by a render. A construction blueprint yes.

Agree.

There is little to no chance this is going to have a "roof". Not with mechanical ventilation needs and that rig.

Sorry.

The arm is always up & extended for use, but I never see the scaffolding anywhere on the tower that is used to help in washing the windows themselves.

Right now the arm is being used to get the last few remaining windows into position I believe so thats why the window washing piece is not seen.

Right now the arm is being used to get the last few remaining windows into position I believe so thats why the window washing piece is not seen.

Yeah, I can see some spots where there is plywood where the window panes should be.

Good observation! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back