Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
bSFrMvy.jpg

Last edited:
George is Bronze. 1 Bromfield is Bronze.

1 Bromfield becomes the new background of George.

Bullseye.

Dark cloudy day comes...

nimby comes cruisin'. our nimby.

Farewell and adieu to you fair spanish ladies....

Tell me, does a NIMBY have lifeless eyes? Black eyes? Like a doll's eyes? .. going to a wedding on the Vineyard in the fall; the mother of the bride was on-island when they filmed it. Have a terrible compulsion to memorize the USS Indianapolis speech and recite it at the rehearsal dinner...

I can't tell if that's some sort of architectural lighting if it's a reflection or it's the last glimpse of the sun somewhere in the distance.

Seriously, downtown Boston still has telephone poles and wires around? And next to the Common? I thought everywhere in downtown/backbay, the wires were underground.

Seriously, downtown Boston still has telephone poles and wires around? And next to the Common? I thought everywhere in downtown/backbay, the wires were underground.

Atlantaden -- its improved a bit over time but some of those wires might have been placed by Watson and might be registered historic relics -- remember that the original Bell's Lab was only about 2 Blocks to the East and the original Western Electric [telephone manufactory] was just as far to the north -- this was Ground Zero for the telephone

rbyzbb5q4kgfvpcr3akv.jpg

building.jpg

The first Telephone line connected 109 Court St. [about where the Green Line's new glass atrium at Gov't Center]
to Charles Williams' house 1 Arlington St. in Somerville
1_Arlington_Street_edit_copy.265142455_std.jpg

Williams_diary_1877-0404.jpg
Williams_WE_Ad4c.jpg

If I had the money I would have spent it the exact same way...brownstone all day vs. ph in the sky.

Well perhaps the Back Bay still has a certain je ne sais quoi -- especially if you like Mansard Roofs or perhaps if you are trying to trend upward @ GE hierarchy -- doing what Jeff does

But if you already live in DTX -- it's MT all the way

The Reason 15 Condos Are For Sale at a Boston Luxury Building
David Bates / May 17, 2016-11:11 am
There’s a big, big reason – a towering, but not-so-secret justification – why Millennium Place owners are selling their precious condominiums in a building and association they love. One Millennium Place owner I spoke with may have succinctly explained why more than twice as many MP condo owners have hung for sale signs in the first four months of 2016 as did in the first four months of 2015: she revealed that many of her neighbors are buying condos at the soon-to-be-completed Millennium Tower.

Of course, MP owners were among the first to have an opportunity to buy at MT, but why are so many selling in Millennium Place to buy in Millennium Tower, a new development just blocks away? In large part, it’s because Millennium Tower amenities trump Millennium Place amenities.

Here are just a few of the key differences between these ultra-luxury Millennium Partner developments:.....

There’s only 256 residence at MP and MLS reveals that 15 Millennium Place residences are currently being marketed for sale, boasting list prices ranging from $869,000 to $4,299,000. That’s certainly a lot of for sale condos, but from what I have heard, some MP sellers who have MT residences under agreement are undecided about which luxury residence to live in and which to sell. Frankly, I think you could have worse dilemmas.
in case you are intrigued here's the url which I accidentally found while searching for something as they say "completely different"
http://www.batesrealestatereport.co...-sale-at-a-boston-luxury-building/05/17/2016/

Quick question hoping someone can answer. How does the private restaurant work? Is it always available? Do residents have to pay for meals?

Quick question hoping someone can answer. How does the private restaurant work? Is it always available? Do residents have to pay for meals?

I works like a private dining room in a regular restaurant, except probably more tables. Serviced from the same kitchen as the public portion of the restaurant, but seating is only available for residents of the tower. Difference from a private dining room in a regular restaurant is that multiple resident parties can be there at once, at the separate tables.

I would assume that is is always available, but subject to reservations and capacity. It probably can also be booked in its entirety by residents for private functions, hence not available to other residents at that time.

And certainly the residents will pay for the service in the restaurant. There may even be reservation fees and certainly private function booking fees (to buy out the restaurant).

I've dined in the Legal Crossing annex restaurant in Millennium Place a few times. There's no sit-down service, no tables solely dedicated to it. It's just a cozy intimate bar--like a suburban basement bar from the 70s, although tasteful and modern and sleek and shiny. You belly up to the bar, place your order with the bartender. They open the door to the backside/back-of-the house kitchen area of Legal Crossing and pass your order to someone. A few minutes later, your food comes out and you eat at the bar.

Wholly unremarkable logistics, very low-key and exactly the clubby atmosphere you'd expect. I'd not read anymore into it than that.

I've had the pleasure of attending broker open houses for Millennium Place and Millennium Tower during their construction phases, and been to MP a few times since it opened. Their sales team is fantastic; they have an expert understanding of their clients' needs and how to sell a property to them.

Something I distinctly remember about both project tours was their head salesperson talk both times about how he and his family were excited to move to each project upon completion.
- For MP: "My family and I are so excited to take advantage of these great amenities when we move from [South End/Back Bay... another traditional upscale neighborhood, don't remember which]. The amenities here will be wonderful for us."
- Then two years later, for MT: "Sales have been very strong for Millennium Tower, and it's easy to see why. Just last year my family and I moved to Millennium Place and love the community there. But as my kids become teenagers, we're excited for the features in Millennium Tower they'll get to enjoy like the on-site swimming pool, club/event space, [yada yada yada]."

Between mortgage interest rates being lower now than when MP owners bought a couple years ago and potentially lower condo fees at Millennium Tower for a newer product, it becomes clearer why MP owners are selling to be in MT.

Can't wait to see how 1 Bromfield, Winthrop Garage, and Co. shake up the market the next few years. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back