Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting angle in that it's one of only a very few -- perhaps the only one? -- that makes the whole financial district/DTX appear to be sparsely populated with buildings. That gap between MT and One Boston/Exchange Place etc. seems unfathomably huge and unused, like something you'd see in Boise or Worcester, not Boston.

Very true. That is an interesting angle. Speaking of 1 Boston Place - sigh - that mech square on the roof has always annoyed me. I wish they could do something to change that or cover it up, a la the BoA tower in Atlanta. Make like a steel pyramid on top. Anything would look better.

Very true. That is an interesting angle. Speaking of 1 Boston Place - sigh - that mech square on the roof has always annoyed me. I wish they could do something to change that or cover it up, a la the BoA tower in Atlanta. Make like a steel pyramid on top. Anything would look better.

Although another, smaller box would be really funny.

If anyone with good photoshop skills wanted to take a stab at a new roof for 1 BP, I would love that. (Sorry, I know most people don't care and now hate me for getting off topic.)

I like 1bp its unique, dark facade, reminds me of chicago whenever I see it. Its also one of the few buildings in Boston that I have seen where non architecture fans are able to recognize as being from Boston.

I like 1bp its unique, dark facade, reminds me of chicago whenever I see it. Its also one of the few buildings in Boston that I have seen where non architecture fans are able to recognize as being from Boston.

It's a really handsome compilation of gestures from the early 70s, the dark bronze fins and diagonal bracing so identified with post-Miesian Chicago. The regular vertical striations on the facade make it seem a lot taller than its 601'. Among the reasons that I like the Accordia proposal so much is that it displays the same vertical drive with a very different set of materials.

I contacted the BRA about doing a densely woven, ringed fence around the perimeter to render something relatively similar to 2 International place. My contact responded that it was highly unlikely, but would ask around. We should go directly to the property owner about a kickass update.

One problem; some people like it.

You might have had a long shot five or six years ago when the property was being prettied up. Now...no shot. No return on investment!

A simple lighting of the crown(box) and lights shinning down from the 4 top corners wd do wonders!

From Fenway last night.

27166113472_3a32283c75_k.jpg
Dude, that's a killer shot. Were you on top of the Van Ness? I have vertigo just looking at that.

nice!

BTW can someone easily render the proposed transnational building on ipswich/charlesgate w into that view?

Last edited:
Dude, that's a killer shot. Were you on top of the Van Ness? I have vertigo just looking at that.

This is from the top of the roof deck on the Van Ness, yes. It's not the Target building but the commercial tower on the right side.

I tried it out with the only 2 charlesgate render there is and it just looked weird having the wrong perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back