Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getty will have to take those shots again once the building is cleaned. It's night and day what the glass looks like cleaned. Has anyone seen the new clean glass on the ground level right alongside the dirty stuff? Night and day.

The first part of the sidewalk on Franklin is done between Washington & the garage lobby. Sadly, it doesn't look like it will be flush to the pavers. The second part of the sidewalk from the garage lobby to Hawley is now closed and pedestrian traffic is directed onto the new pavers.

The first part of the sidewalk on Franklin is done between Washington & the garage lobby. Sadly, it doesn't look like it will be flush to the pavers. The second part of the sidewalk from the garage lobby to Hawley is now closed and pedestrian traffic is directed onto the new pavers.

I was over there yesterday on my walk from Chaunsey Street to Gov't Center Station.

The plaza looks nice from what I can see of it. They are still working on the subway entrance and paving.

I saw what looked like security or doormen at the tower's main entrance doors.I'll be so glad when that ugly partition that surrounds the tower, comes down.

Thanks just out with the IPhone 🙂

Boston -- Wunderbare, Incrível, Magnifique, Muy Bueno, Insólita, Wspaniały, Meraviglioso,Sorprenent .....my Olympic Commentators Multi-Language Translator has started to seize-up

One of the best MT photos -- that is just Art :D

Ok are we sic of this building yet? Good ,today's walk by what would others like to see happen at the old Woolworths garage? Me keep it as a low rise but make the front look old, skinny tower in the back,

Last edited:
Alucobond ceiling paneling up in the headhouse. Progress!!

l2M1xLHh.jpg

On my way out of work today, I noticed they hung the Downtown Crossing MBTA sign. Really looking like a headhouse now. They seem to be making a good push on progress.

Ok are we sic of this building yet? Good ,today's walk by what would others like to see happen at the old Woolworths garage? Me keep it as a low rise but make the front look old, skinny tower in the back,

Boston -- you've out done your own high standards -- Gold Medal Stuff -- kinda like Anita Wlodarczyk, the massive Polish Women's Hammer Throw Gold Medalist [Princess doesn't quite seem appropriate] who kept breaking her own World Record with each throw
usa-today-8767364.0.jpg

In particular this one should be in the Herb Ritz Photo Gallery at the MFA

Charles Sheeler [if you weren't dead you'd be envious]:cool:
Currier Museum of Art
20th Century American Photographs
1979.111_00.jpg

Lever Building , 1953
photograph
7 7/8 in. x 5 3/8 in. (20 cm x 13.65 cm)
Charles Sheeler
(Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1883 - 1965, Dobbs Ferry, New York)
American
Gift of William H. and Saundra B. Lane in Honor of Joan and Mac Doty, 1979.111
We definitely need a permanent MT best pix gallery with a tally for likes

Once its done feel free to post in the completed projects thread I made. I made it to encourage people to keep taking pictures of projects after they are completed so we can see how they age and how they work with newer projects going in.

I think Mille is special enough that it needs it's own Mille pics of the day, just like the Handcock pics of the day that is often updated on this site.

Thanks stick though, I love the idea of seeing how completed projects age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back