Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Elevator system in the building is a shit show. BFD was bailing out one of the elevators in the restaurant (Puda) which got stuck with like eight people in it.

The building must be tilting!!! BUYER BEWARE

I was up on the 53rd floor earlier this evening... views are spectacular. Some comments:

1. Elevator system in the building is fast as fuck.
2. Elevator system in the building is a shit show. BFD was bailing out one of the elevators in the restaurant (Pabu) which got stuck with like eight people in it.
3. I found the layout of the 53rd floor unit to be... eh, not to my tastes, but for $7.2 million it can be yours! The bedroom setup just is nonsensical. The living, dining, kitchen space with a good decorator could be amazing.

I didn't take pictures of the unit. Got a couple of the spectacular night time view. Maybe i'll post them later.

Millenium spokesman seemed pretty bullish on Winthrop Sq. project FWIW. Also said that for the 400 units in Millenium Tower they had 2,200 interested parties of which more than half were actually serious.

Edit: The restaurant on Floor 2 (not the private resident only place) is named Pabu. No super thorough review on the place even though I ate the food because it was a special tasting event and not a GA menu. Atmosphere is great... the bar seems like it will be super cozy. I enjoyed the various sushi rolls and whatnot that I sampled all night though it wasn't the best I've had by a long shot.

Did you get to go out on the outdoor patio? If so was it cozy and spaceous or cramped and uninviting?

Millennium Tower is the background of Rachel Maddow's show tonight.

Hurry, turn on MSDNC!

2exqxqr.png

She interviewed Liz Warren.

Just shows how this tower is now an iconic part of Boston's skyline.

That picture I shared from the eddie shows what I love so much about this city. We are way more in touch with our waterways than many other cities in America. Amost everywhere you go in the city other than the bass river you will see people sailing, reading, sight seeing, and just generally making an effort to connect to the water. Even all the way out to fenway, and even more now with the muddy river improvements. Its only getting better too, especially in long neglected Eastie. Hell even off of Carson beach you will see kite sailers by the dozens in the summer out there every day. This city is such a unique beautiful place to live.

As a side note I saw a blue herron in a pond in the fens over the summer, it was amazing. Sometimes I wonder why you see even more avian wildlife in the city than in the suburbs. Theres always ducks, geese, you name it in the public garden/common. Maybe because people are more likely to feed them in the city...idk.

^Good point. NYC by comparison almost ignores their waterways. The Schuylkill is the only river that can compete with the Charles imo.

Last edited:
She interviewed Liz Warren.

Just shows how this tower is now an iconic part of Boston's skyline.

Yea sometimes I think people confuse iconic with tall. If its unique and instantly recognizable as being from ______ and looks good it just may be an icon.

Probably not because its a supporting cast tower, although a very tall one. It may though well have to wait and see. The pru lit up at night I would definitely say is iconic.

^Good point. NYC by comparison almost ignores their waterways. The Schuylkill is the only river that can compete with the Charles imo.

We shouldn't forget that the embrace of Boston's waterways is a really recent phenomenon, largely fueled by the massive harbor cleanup.

As recently as 20 years ago we had completely turned our backs on most of these waterways (and you didn't want to be anywhere near them). Even the Charles, which was more embraced, was dangerous to come in contact with (I remember the battery of shots I had to get after capsizing a rowing skull!).

The river and harbor cleanup has been an enormous success, and we are now getting the dividend of all that water frontage for development and enjoyment. It was money very well spent.

Last edited:
Heh, I took a pic of Rachel with MT behind her too, but forgot to post it. Such a great photo.

I'm guessing this is the brand new set of NBC Boston.

We shouldn't forget that the embrace of Boston's waterways is a really recent phenomenon, largely fueled by the massive harbor cleanup.

As recently as 20 years ago we had completely turned our backs on most of these waterways (and you didn't want to be anywhere near them). Even the Charles, which was more embraced, was dangerous to come in contact with (I remember the battery of shots I had to get after capsizing a rowing skull!).

The river and harbor cleanup has been an enormous success, and we are now getting the dividend of all that water frontage for development and enjoyment. It was money very well spent.

JeffDowntown -- I also capsized a rowing skull in April [early 1970's] when the tourist boat's wake hit me broadside -- and all I needed was to spend 3 hours in a hot shower to warm back up to body temperature -- then again who knows maybe immersion in the rich broth of flora and fauna did me good

BTW -- embracing water in cities began in the 19th C in places like Hamburg, Paris & London and Boston [Olmstead]

JeffDowntown -- I also capsized a rowing skull in April [early 1970's] when the tourist boat's wake hit me broadside -- and all I needed was to spend 3 hours in a hot shower to warm back up to body temperature -- then again who knows maybe immersion in the rich broth of flora and fauna did me good

BTW -- embracing water in cities began in the 19th C in places like Hamburg, Paris & London and Boston [Olmstead]

I have often thought there there was a lot of similarity in style between Hamburg and Boston.

The 19C creation of the artificial lakes (Außenalster and Binnenalster in Hamburg, Charles River Basin in Boston) and the 21st century rebuilding of former harbor areas (HafenCity Hamburg, Seaport Boston).
http://www.hafencity.com/en/concepts/the-foundation-of-hafencity-the-masterplan.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back