Mission Hill Infill and Small Developments

Its pretty incredible how irregular the stonework is in that facade.

Mission Hill Yoga will be opening in this building in the retail space (sister studio to Shawmut Yoga in south end)

This is really good we need more like this. The day this is finished its going to look like its always been there.

Can someone with a better architectural pedigree explain to me why I like this building so much?

I know there's a vocabulary for describing the proportions/ratios for all the elements and materials and how they come together, and I'm looking for someone to analyze this contextually with that vocabulary.

I will pay you nothing.

For some reason, this building reminds me of the chevron building that was built across from the Atelier in the South End:
uP9wqgTh.jpg

https://goo.gl/maps/JsvQXaftNR22

Not crazy about the overall architecture but between the trash bins out front, the front stoops, the gas meters on the front of the building, the lack of landscaping (maybe that will happen), and those damn power lines sprouting from that freaking telephone pole, UGH! I can only hope that the builder isn't finished with the final exterior touches and that the interiors are wonderful for the residents who are living there.

Last edited:
I wish we could have more underground power lines. Especially in dense areas like this.

South Boston has underground power lines. Why cant mission hill? Is it because mission hill is student dominated (meaning not many advocates going to city hall to push for burying lines)?

Politics. Southie had strong politicians who could get power lines sunk. Mission Hill was the hood not too long ago and never had the power base to get things done.

Your wish has come true! A single-family home on Worthington Street has been listed for sale. $695,000. It's not quite as "special" as the others shown in my images above but a somewhat unique property in the Mission Hill neighborhood.

11 Worthington Street, Mission Hill, Boston

The listing has several interior photos - looks to have been untouched in years but in good shape?

photo.aspx

Anyone willing to opine/ estimate how much this single family might sell for in 2018?

Back