MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

Group question - are we also discussing the Coop building here? Can't see it on another thread.

Was thinking about that as the plans for new Inbound red line headhouses was posted here, and was curious what they will do with the outbound head house when demolition starts...

Group question - are we also discussing the Coop building here? Can't see it on another thread.

Was thinking about that as the plans for new Inbound red line headhouses was posted here, and was curious what they will do with the outbound head house when demolition starts...

I suspect just send everyone to the headhouse at the eastern end of the platform near where Broadway and Main meet.

I suspect just send everyone to the headhouse at the eastern end of the platform near where Broadway and Main meet.

Unlikely, as being without an elevator is a no go - especially since Kendall elevator is currently acting as a replacement for the Central elevator, which is out of service.

I like this building alot. I think it looks really good.

m1SSBC8h.jpg

I think aB owes this building an apology; it's turning out to be one of the more architecturally interesting and relevant structures built in greater Boston in a while.

Thanks for the great photos as always Beeline.

And yet... every time I see a render I'm reminded of why AB reacted the way we did. This building did not render well at all.

Agreed about the renders, they showed a much lighter building, I still feel this building is way too dark, especially the lower third, but that's just me. At this point, it's my least favorite of the more recent Kendall buildings.

I like that it's dark; I think there's room for Vader-y vibes in the skyline. There is something sinister about it which I enjoy.

I think aB owes this building an apology; it's turning out to be one of the more architecturally interesting and relevant structures built in greater Boston in a while.

Thanks for the great photos as always Beeline.

I agree. It looks great from across the river and in contrast with just about everything that's gone up there, it actually looks like something that stands out and was designed to do so. That's important, because regardless of what you may or may not think about Kendall's specific newer buildings up close, I doubt there's anyone who feels like the cluster of buildings from across the Charles looks distinctive at all.

I saw it up close on Friday evening as well, though, and some minor issues I had — standing on the inbound side of this building, and it was in the shade... and looked too dark. On the outbound side, it was catching the sun and looked much better. Overall, though, it's suddenly made the whole area more "imageable", which is great.

Back