MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

First pic especially is a great shot, nice

I noticed this lit up from Boston Common tonight around the tennis courts. With another floor and that large mech roof, the dorm tower is going to be a very visible building!

Starting to come together...from the rooftop garden (green garage).
7iyaZ3w.jpg

izmLfWQ.jpg

Notice the first glass is up in that second photo. I saw it in person this morning. It is a mirror finish, shockingly reflective.

Just an observation, but those floor plates and vertical posts look very beefy, almost like what you would see in the podium of a very tall building, no? Seems like a lot of concrete for a building this size.

I do think there's a gradient here... but I also think it's very (read: too) subtle.

Any chance that there's a protective film on the panels that won't be removed until construction is closer to completion?

Any chance that there's a protective film on the panels that won't be removed until construction is closer to completion?

Not likely if the staging has been moved. Getting to these panels a second time would be prohibitive.

cca

...below is for context:

31329224305_a8c75e86d0_b.jpg

Some of you people need to review the render again. The gradient is between subtle to nonexistent at the bottom, but lightens up a lot across the top 4-5 sections. We have just reached the bottom of the 5th section from the top.

So far, the actual results seem to be in line with the render.

In person, I think the gradient is very clear. However it does not appear to be headed toward the washed-out/white color in that cartoon-ish render above.

They are pouring the last floor plate of the residential tower now.

Back