MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

They did a few panels months ago and I was worried it would be waaaay too dark, but I'm impressed now!

The narrow north edge still feels dark in the shadow, but otherwise I think the gradation works well.

Pleasantly surprised with this one. Better than the render.

31329224305_a8c75e86d0_b.jpg

I think it's too damn dark! Glass included! Beeline, nice pics from many angles but seriously, looks like you had to shoot from many sides (and close up) to show how it lightens up as it rises. I usually am very positive about new buildings but boy, this one, so gloomy. Beeline, your thoughts since you've seen it up close? Maybe it's just me, and actually, this skin is fabulous.

I cant notice any lightening, but thats the good part. I think we need some darker colors to go with the red brick and blue glass. If you look at that render above though the facade is only on the 3rd grouping so it doesnt lighten much yet in the render either. The next 2 become noticeable.

I think it's too damn dark! Glass included! Beeline, nice pics from many angles but seriously, looks like you had to shoot from many sides (and close up) to show how it lightens up as it rises. I usually am very positive about new buildings but boy, this one, so gloomy. Beeline, your thoughts since you've seen it up close? Maybe it's just me, and actually, this skin is fabulous.
I'm not seeing it getting lighter as it raises, but it's early. The Main Street side is very dark in the PM. I like the texture though.
https://flic.kr/p/SXDS1q

Love the color. I wish it were a touch more metallic but it looks high-quality to me. Eye of the beholder I guess.

Every tech person I know looks at the building and says “heat sink”. The color looks decent in sunlight, but is kind of oppressive on cloudy days.

I think it looks very good in person.

I also think it looks good in person.

It definitely doesn't appear to be getting lighter as the cladding gets higher though. It's at the point where, if it was being built as rendered, it should have long since started lightening up. Maybe it will yet, but it won't be as rendered.

Back