MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

DSC_0397small.jpg

Last night's super moon from Central Square :cool:

The zoom creates a fascinating perspective there. The Fed is almost 2 miles from those MIT buildings, but it looks like it's almost next door.

That's a very interesting spot for one of those neon "Instagram moments" which is what I'm assuming that's trying for.

It's part of a two-piece art installation wherein each signature was developed by "AI" based off a few hundred signatures. To answer your question, it's ironically nobody's name or signature, but "everybody's" signature at the same time. More on it here: https://listart.mit.edu/agnieszka-kurant-end-signature-2020-21

The artist then goes to explain social movements and people (social capital) can play a more significant role than financial capital in the 21st century, which is hard to connect with a simple signature on the ceiling of a building developed as the result of a multi-billion dollar fund that's single-handedly altering the form of Kendall Sq, one of the fastest growing economic hubs of the past decade, and developed in coordination with MIT's main money maker department. To each their own.

I think it's once they've occupied the north of Main building.
The NoMa building is true market rate residential, not student housing. SoMa site 4 is the replacement graduate housing. It's done, and they're moved in.

Site 3 is 100% leased as far as lab space, so I would expect Eastgate to come down and building 2 to rise soon.
Have not heard a schedule though.

Back