MIT East Campus - Kendall Square Gateway | Cambridge

Hah! Thanks! I'll admit my parenthetical about the occasionally hyper-critical dialogue was meant to be reflective of all projects. I think it's been fairly even keel for building 4.

Also, the update to the forum is amazing... Feels like something this side of 2015. The likes feature should keep me from feeling like I'm shouting into a void and the new mobile-friendly design might make it a little too easy to keep posting. 😅

A couple new angles today

cW6XTjg.jpg

5zf1u1U.jpg

A couple new angles today

cW6XTjg.jpg
I love the taller building, but I’m honestly not sure what I feel about the shorter wider one. It engages me, but there is something that pushes me away as well. Maybe it’s too wide for where it is, and I might like it better somewhere else? I want to like it a lot, I really do… but I’m genuinely not sure ...

The "Boeing building" reminds me of a chopped down version of the Equinox Hotel at Hudson Yards, with the glass and vertical terracotta slivers.

unnamed-1.jpg

We need a better way to organize all of the activity associated with MIT -- between what is going on for academic and residential and what MIT is doing as a Developer -- there is nearly enough material to build the Seaport

The current collection of threads ends up creating repetitive postings as some threads are not being followed in detail -- e.g. the Engine reappearing several weeks after the original announcement

I suggest the following for MIT:
  1. Core campus including construction on Vassar St and everything bounded by the River, Vassar, Amesbury [on the west end] and the end of the Sloan Complex on the East excluding any of SoMa
  2. SoMa -- South of Main St
  3. NoMa -- North of Main Street
  4. Volpe
  5. Everything else such as the Engine project

Subway ad today that this Roche brothers is hiring. Potentially opening soon?

^I still think the rust-colored window framing was an ingenious way to integrate this glass facade into the endless sea of Kendall red brick

Agree it works well... not sure I would say "ingenious" in an original way since it is very similar to the facade of the "BU Center for Memory and Pain" building. BU building has a different color, but similar in the way it uses a material that has a shade of color similar to some nearby buildings on what would otherwise be a glass facaded building.

Agree it works well... not sure I would say "ingenious" in an original way since it is very similar to the facade of the "BU Center for Memory and Pain" building. BU building has a different color, but similar in the way it uses a material that has a shade of color similar to some nearby buildings on what would otherwise be a glass facaded building.

But this isn’t a BU building.

Back