Mosaic Boston Condos | 80-82 Fenwood Road | Longwood

Mosaic would have been a perfect name for Zinc.

Now that they've finally gotten Zinc's LED crowns-in-triplicate to work correctly, the building's nightly color changes are pretty *electric* for Northpoint...

every time i see this i lightly cringe and then think... could be worse, could be worse...

the curve is nice and if they only had put one or two additional details to break up that massive yellow wall it would be a reasonably handsome building, i think..

Looking good from my layperson eye.

We never did find out the origin of the name, did we?...

Some developments look much better in person (1 canal), not this.

Its dense and noteworthy. Winning.

Odurandia == I'm waiting for the inevitable attack from certain quadrants as a "Landscaper"

However, a hundred of these kinds of structures distributed judiciously around the city focusing on the edges of the employment hubs and along major roadways and near transit

Well that model would do wonders toward meeting the 35,000 in 15 or 50,000 in 25 year goals for new housing units

Not bad, I think it would look better with a cornice all around the building.

How is it noteworthy?

Significant housing added at Longwood medical campus is noteworthy.

Nice we're getting it at Mass General w/ the 4 big towers, and Bulfinch Triangle.

Hopefully, there's more to come.

Significant housing added at Longwood medical campus is noteworthy.

Nice we're getting it at Mass General w/ the 4 big towers, and Bulfinch Triangle.

Hopefully, there's more to come.

Ah, I see and agree. Architecturally noteworthy I would have quibbled with.

....a hundred of these kinds of structures distributed judiciously around the city focusing on the edges of the employment hubs and along major roadways and near transit.... Well that model would do wonders toward meeting the 35,000 in 15 or 50,000 in 25 year goals for new housing units

We're going for 53,000 in 15 years, and we're partway there. i made a rough calculation several months ago, that at current infill rates, and land parcels getting used up, we'd come up about 25,000~28,000 units short... The difference maker would have to come about from 70-110m highrise towers... this is why the Fens Fatty is getting done, why 45 Worthington, Dudley Sq and Tremont Crossing are all getting done.

Significant density might happen along the i-93 and Fairmount corridor in parts of Dorchester that might put us over the top... But, the neighbors are particularly sensitive. The slightest whisper/s of construction makes people nervous here.

Eventually, eminent domain returns w/ brownstone creep into tripple decker neighborhoods, or finding even more places for 200~250'... But, by that time, the political winds may have shifted against the Vancouverization of Boston.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/medias.phot...930b-ae6be5238f54/18-08-2015-0506_xgaplus.jpg

Last edited:
Worth noting - this building is 80% pre-sold (as of a week ago). There are 5 one-bedrooms and 1 two-bedroom condos remaining.

We're going for 53,000 in 15 years, and we're partway there. i made a rough calculation several months ago, that at current infill rates, and land parcels getting used up, we'd come up about 25,000~28,000 units short... The difference maker would have to come about from 70-110m highrise towers... this is why the Fens Fatty is getting done, why 45 Worthington, Dudley Sq and is getting Tremont Crossing are all getting done.

Significant density might happen along the i-93 and Fairmount corridor in parts of Dorchester that might put us over the top... But, the neighbors are particularly sensitive. The slightest whisper/s of construction makes people nervous here.

Eventually, eminent domain returns w/ brownstone creep into tripple decker neighborhoods, or finding even more places for 200~250'... But, by that time, the political winds may have shifted against the Vancouverization of Boston.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/medias.phot...930b-ae6be5238f54/18-08-2015-0506_xgaplus.jpg

Odurandia -- I'd question your model for land utilization, etc. -- You need to build about 2000 units per year for the next 25 years to get to the 50,000 by 2040 and along the way the 30-35,000 by 2030

2,000 units per year can easily be accommodated by a continuation of the current rate of construction mostly based on empty lots, a few teardowns / renos of medium-sized commercial / industrial / warehouse buildings and the conversion of 1 story structures in areas already dealing with a high level of activity [e.g. a Dunkin Donuts] to a multistory condo or apartment complex

I don't think that you need Eminent Domain applied against triple deckers

The 30-35,000 is Marty's goal but to really make a difference in cost and not just hold thing where they are now it would have to be over 50,000.

Back