Mosaic Boston Condos | 80-82 Fenwood Road | Longwood

I'm still shocked that this is residential, and not a medical related building.

^ yeah part of me thinks it's kind of dumb that they didnt just preserve this for more hospital space... on the other hand, there is plenty of land to develop left, or at least plenty of buildings to tear down and develop the land on which they sit...

aesthetically im not sure which would be a win for a parkside building - it's a nicer *feeling* to have residential, in my own personal opinion, staring at you in a park if something has to stare at you. That being said, some cold, somewhat sterile but visually more pleasing and expensive hospital facade might be nicer than depressing brick or terracotta-ish material...

Mosaic is two thirds affordable housing in a neighborhood that is chronically desperate for any housing at all. Its massing is unoffensive and still provides density to the LMA cluster. The mix of uses as a whole is great for the neighborhood and will help to continue activating Brookline Avenue's pedestrian environment throughout the day and night.

This is a good addition.

Topped off:

https://twitter.com/Kayhilditch16/status/647104071564939264

CPr5rWRWsAIl80J.jpg

What's annoying about this project is that the developer had proposed widening the Riverway inbound to formalize the right turn lane onto Brookline Ave but got pushback because it would be "changing the historic alignment of the roadway". If anyone commutes this way frequently, traffic always backs way up to the bridge over Huntington due to the current 'lane drop' (only 1 through lane).

Mosaic is two thirds affordable housing in a neighborhood that is chronically desperate for any housing at all. Its massing is unoffensive and still provides density to the LMA cluster. The mix of uses as a whole is great for the neighborhood and will help to continue activating Brookline Avenue's pedestrian environment throughout the day and night.

This is a good addition.

dshoost88 -- presumably a lot of the affordable units could / will be occupied by hospital orderlies, food service workers, maintenance people, etc., -- all of whom can / will walk / bike to work in the Longwood / Huntington -- Hospital, Museums and and College / U Area

sounds like a good project

It's like One Greenway's bland cousin. Will hope for more colors on this "mosaic" before the exterior is officially finished.

What's annoying about this project is that the developer had proposed widening the Riverway inbound to formalize the right turn lane onto Brookline Ave but got pushback because it would be "changing the historic alignment of the roadway". If anyone commutes this way frequently, traffic always backs way up to the bridge over Huntington due to the current 'lane drop' (only 1 through lane).

Please, tell me this is not true.

I do commute this way and when the right lane is blocked and somebody in the left lane decides to turn left into Brookline Ave, you basically have a main artery of the city with no movement at all for a full traffic light cycle. Madness!

Whoa... I went from having no idea this project was underway to seeing a near-complete shell in about 30 seconds. I love when that happens :D

Uhm, where did the name, Mosaic, come from? This building has nothing remotely having any sort of mosaic design from what I can see. Or am I missing something?

Uhm, where did the name, Mosaic, come from? This building has nothing remotely having any sort of mosaic design from what I can see. Or am I missing something?

I agree.

A better name would be Monolith.

At least it has some flashy blue, green, and red going for it..........................

Back