Name this US city and related urban trivia!

Greenville, SC and you chose an excellent photo due to the downtown cluster being so far in the distance. Lancaster, PA is correct Desertmaniac. (y)

R.b68e663e5615dffdeae24c090cde7301.jpeg

Second largest city in the state. It's tallest building on the left is slated for demolition due to years of being vacant and lack of maintenance.

Last edited:
ffe3a8773c0190fbb0d5134281a734fd 2.jpg

This thriving river city is the state's third largest. Its tallest building (left) was recently imploded after only a 50 year lifespan and will be replaced by a low rise mixed use multi structure complex. Which is why I'm looking forward to Portland's Time & Temperature building's renovation, if you don't maintain older structures they can get to the point of no return.

View attachment 27806
This thriving river city is the state's third largest. Its tallest building (left) was recently imploded after only a 50 year lifespan and will be replaced by a low rise mixed use multi structure complex. Which is why I'm looking forward to Portland's Time & Temperature building's renovation, if you don't maintain older structures they can get to the point of no return.
I'm going with Evansville, Indiana. Final answer.

R.a819ac075a414da2576a40ca3d331d73.jpeg

One of my favorite cities and I grew up only 45 miles away. Has always been overshadowed by the larger cities of Charleston and Savannah.

Nailed it! My Dad spent a huge part of his Marine Corps career at Camp Lejeune (Jacksonville) and that was our big city diversion over Fayetteville or Raleigh. Go Tarheels!

4349769737_2505f103d4_b.jpg

An impressive port city just avoid visiting during the winter! Sadly the Interstate has severed the downtown area from the waterfront.

Well done! The refineries and the geology are giveaways if you're familiar with the area

Well done! The refineries and the geology are giveaways if you're familiar with the area

I agree, but for me it is the location of the First Interstate Center tower being located so far away from the center of downtown. The views of the city from the airport (rimrocks) are amazing!

Last edited:
The city proper is larger than Portland...but the overall urban area is smaller

if you visit, make sure you -pack- appropriately.

1661548323660.png

GreenBay, WI. Not an impressive skyline for a city of 107,000 and an NFL team. I spent a few nights in the Northland Hotel (tall brown and white building top center) in 1976 and it tops out at 98'. All of the buildings fronting the Fox River are relatively new and have brought residents and much needed vitality downtown.

Last edited:
2GXYS2B6MBAT5DFYSPMTFZVXMQ.jpg

Largest city in the state by population but not even close in stature compared to the city in second place!

Back