Nashville vs Boston

TheRifleman

Banned
Reaction score
Nashville is amazing city everything Boston is missing.
The BRA should have modeled Nashville entertainment district--for the seaport area with a transit system something Nashville does not have which they are beginning to struggle with transit congestion.
Nashville has old unique structures around broadway which jointly are connected to the predators stadium within the city fabric. It works perfectly for the buzz of the city.

We had prime property to be developed on the water only to be squandered to the corporations with zero vision for the public.

Nashville is one city I would move to.
Seaport/assembly developments seems to be following the gulch developments in Nashville. That is fine for assembly but not seaport.

After viewing Nashville it's a shame that the city of Boston missed that concept for the seaport.

A disgrace

Nashville gets 5stars-- no cvs, Walgreens, McDonald's or burger kings in the area if your centrally located near the historic downtown--

Last edited:
That sounds awesome. You'll probably be really happy if you move there.

Ive been to Nashville it was clean nice historic with some really interesting skyscrapers , Boston easily is a better city though imo

Look at the comparison of the Gulch development vs assembly row
http://www.explorethegulch.com

Very similar ideas---it's becoming the development model near the universities and cities that have historical uniqueness. Too bad they ruined Harvard square.

Nashville downtown district is out of control fun. This is the new vegas for bachelorette parties I couldn't not believe how many women were down here.

If you're a guy who doesn't have luck with the ladies I advise you to move to Nashville.

That does look nice. Its a completely different city in almost every way, Boston in itself is different than almost every American city because of the roads then combine that with its age and it leads u in an entirely different direction.

That sounds awesome. You'll probably be really happy if you move there.

Yeah do you need any help in moving there Rifleman? I can help you research of the housing prices there. What's your budget?

Look at the comparison of the Gulch development vs assembly row
http://www.explorethegulch.com

Very similar ideas---it's becoming the development model near the universities and cities that have historical uniqueness. Too bad they ruined Harvard square.

Nashville downtown district is out of control fun. This is the new vegas for bachelorette parties I couldn't not believe how many women were down here.

If you're a guy who doesn't have luck with the ladies I advise you to move to Nashville.

I will gladly take Assembly Row over this:

outdoorwithbanner2014.jpg

But a Subway or some other quick service deli/food shop would be excellent in one of the Assembly blocks. Everything is just too fancy & polished at Assembly. Need some neighborhood essentials like quick service take-out spots & convenience stores.

On the upside they seem to have an abundance of street-level parking lots conveniently located in the urban core. No need to go looking for one of those pesky garages hidden in an office building.

I agree assembly is a better development but it does seem there development model is very similar. The same basic concept- very modern architecture. There are better imagines of the gulch--just hit google imaging

But a Subway or some other quick service deli/food shop would be excellent in one of the Assembly blocks. Everything is just too fancy & polished at Assembly. Need some neighborhood essentials like quick service take-out spots & convenience stores.

Which 'Wich?

Take a look at Nashville--Broadway compared to Seaport.

Nashville Open concept is working especially with the Predators stadium right next to the downtown scene. The Buzz, Vibe is priceless, Bikes, drinking carriages, drinking rides all riding around the area.

Seaport should have followed the Nashville model. The person that runs the similar BRA for Nashville has done an amazing job.

Nashville does not have a transit system which is bad and has brought on major issues of gridlock traffic. But the overall open concept is amazing in Nashville.

The Zen philosopher, Basho, once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish. A city with no transit system, is not a city.' He was a funny guy.

The Zen philosopher, Basho, once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish. A city with no transit system, is not a city.' He was a funny guy.

It's funny they do have Vanderbilt Union station which seemed to be converted into a hotel. Only the king of the Railroads.
They do have rails---Just not underground to rifle through the city and surrounding areas.
I agree this is major issue and talking to the cab drivers they have said its really really bad now. It's a major issue.
The building in Nashville was insane on what is going on. I'm not sure if Nashville really wanted to become a major city it just seems like people are moving there and there are a lot.

I'm telling you put this on your bucket list, Only 2 hour flight stay Thursday to Sunday. Make sure you stay in the centralized area so everything is accessible to walkaround.

Yeah its funny that there are a few major cities sans subway. Detroit never had one, neither does Baltimore, and even LA lacks a good system.

I can barely convince myself to travel to New York, San Francisco and Miami right now. I wouldn't waste the time or money on Nashville.

Yeah its funny that there are a few major cities sans subway. Detroit never had one, neither does Baltimore, and even LA lacks a good system.

It isn't much, but Baltimore has heavy rail and light rail. Why would you say it doesn't?

I mean a good system. Baltimore had almost a million people by 1950, so it's weird that the never really got a subway (except a severed route connecting John Hopkins with Owings Mills).

Back