National Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw anyone up to Trump's censorship of gov't agencies. We are literally no better than China.

The grand irony is that Chicago's gun problem is largely attributed to lax gun laws in Mike Pence's neighboring Indiana:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/01/29/us/where-50000-guns-in-chicago-came-from.html?_r=0

RlngeTx.png

The main source in Illinois is immediately outside of Chicago in Cook County where gun laws are lax.

^^^^Are you alright? Your going to blame the state of Indiana for Chicago problems.

Then why isn't one of Indiana cities a warzone like Chicago?

This is one of the craziest statements I have ever heard of. Blame someone else for Chicago issues.

It's all Bush's fault.

I think it's a little more deeper than the state of Indiana being the problem.
Rahm Emanuel basically tried to cover-up a murder from the public.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/30/opinion/cover-up-in-chicago.html?_r=0

Last edited:
What does "Send the Feds in" even mean? Marshall law? Are you really OK with that?

I don't live in Chicago-- So I can't tell you how bad it really is over in that area. But if I lived with my family and if I couldn't leave the house without getting shot or killed by some gangbangers---Then yes---I would prefer martial law over complete chaos in such a loving community atmosphere.

At least I wouldn't have to worry about getting Milk at the corner store. The amount of shootings in Chicago has become disturbing.

For the innocent soul who does not carry a gun to defend himself in the area is basically a SHEEP lives in fear everyday of their life. What type of life is that?

So yes---I would prefer martial law if the area is that chaotic or ARM yourself.

Last edited:
Then why isn't one of Indiana cities a warzone like Chicago?

In 2015 Indianapolis had a higher murder rate than Chicago. Not sure about 2016. If you use rate per 100,000 people Chicago was only 20th the last time these were compiled. (probably for 2015)

In 2015 Indianapolis had a higher murder rate than Chicago. Not sure about 2016. If you use rate per 100,000 people Chicago was only 20th the last time these were compiled. (probably for 2015)

Thank you.

That pesky old Marshall and all his silly laws.

(I think y'all mean "martial law").

There you have it.

MIKE PENCE is at fault. Lets impeach these people and put in the Clintons in office.

Chelsea Clinton can run our country.

With his conversion therapy ideas Mike Pence has probably contributed to more deaths than any single murderer in Chicago.

With his conversion therapy ideas Mike Pence has probably contributed to more deaths than any single murderer in Chicago.

I actually would say people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

The reason why this is such a strong amendment is because you have the right to protect your life.

I'm assuming Vice-President Pence is just following the second amendment for humanity.

I'm not a gun person and I believe the cities probably should have safe zones. Which you have a choice to either go into the city or not.

This thread has certainly brought out the worst in all of us. Everybody who has posted here, to a man/woman, has made themselves look bad, myself included. (why I stopped posting here!) Nobody is above the fray. We either come across as whiny, or assholes, or uninformed, or misinformed, or unsympathetic, or unrealistic, or radicals, crazies, loonies, etc. It's not a good look. We are all here, first and foremost, due to our interest in Boston's development as a city. This thread (and the presidential thread) has been the nadir of civility and respect at Archboston.

I wish that a mod would close it, or that we could just let it die. Yuck.

Meh. Rennlist P&C is 177 times worse.

Libbies heads explode on a semi-hourly basis. Spat out by conservatives and social libertarians like Popcorn thrown onto a roaring campfire with ease.

Boston, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, etc will always be the special places where liberals use as proof that utopianism works.

They are the rare exceptions to the rule, and only barely.

Politics in America has become a cesspool.

We've lost our civilty. Conservatives take the most dishonest 'incoming.' Then how can you have a civil debate when liberals deny they have become a miserable, vapid, intolerant, raging mob of lunatics? :)

Then, on those rare occasions where something close to a civil discussion breaks out, the conservative doesn't have to wait long before he's handed the race/LGBT hater card.

i've said about what i hoped to say.

Meh. Rennlist P&C is 177 times worse.

Libbies heads explode on a semi-hourly basis. Spat out by conservatives and social libertarians like Popcorn thrown onto a roaring campfire with ease.

Boston, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, etc will always be the special places where liberals use as proof that utopianism works.

They are the rare exceptions to the rule, and only barely.

Politics in America has become a cesspool.

We've lost our civilty.

How can you have a civil debate when liberals deny they have become a miserable, vapid, intolerant, raging mob of lunatics? :)

You fit right in under radical/crazy/loony. I slot into "unsympathetic asshole" which is why I'm trying to slink away.

I actually would say people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

You could start by addressing how embarrassingly uninformed you are on every single political and urban issue you've waded into.

You could start by addressing how embarrassingly uninformed you are on every single political and urban issue you've waded into.

Haha---embarrassingly uninformed?

Who called TRUMP to win the election? I knew how bad it really was in America financially for the working class stiffs.

Besides a small group of innovative coastal cities because of location and colleges. Very desirable to live there.
Boston, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle

The problem with you is you attack everybody about their views. Most people on this site probably disagree with me on a lot of issues. But I will say one-thing at least I'm open-minded to listen to the other side.

You my friend are very narrow-minded.
My starbucks coffee
My workschedule
Gotta walk my doggie
Gotta get on Facebook
You live a very defensive life by attacking people with other views if they don't do the same daily routine as you do.

Your very insecure.

But I will say one-thing at least I'm open-minded to listen to the other side.
No you're not. You're literally not. You spend most of the time ignoring facts given by other posters to backed their argument and instead post a bunch of unrelated things to try to redirect the conversation. What you said is alternative fact, i.e. a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back