National Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the FBI did their job in the first place we would not be debating about GOP vs Democrats. It just comes down that as a society we have accepted that it's okay that our laws don't apply to politicians. Our society has accepted that it's okay for politicians to lie cheat and steal.

Its not a fucking okay. These people should be arrested and why hasn't the govt agencies arrested these criminals.

Is the FBI that stupid not be able to put cases together to prosecute our leaders in Washington. Or has Washington changed the laws for example:
Insider Trading is illegal for the public but not for Washington?

I did. I said I have to give Trump more time. Overall I don't trust the Republicans either they are all a bunch of scumbags too.

What I don't understand is why is there an ethics committee? People in Washington don't know what is right and wrong? I thought that is why we have the FBI in place.

I think the FBI is focusing on the wrong criminals--- I think the real criminals have become the Washington Lifers.

OGE was established following the litany of scandals in the Nixon admin, most notably, Watergate.

The problem is stupid, angry white guys who blame everyone except themselves for their flaws and shortcomings.

The day I quit facebook last week was the day I saw a guy blame the Obama administration for Ringling Brothers Circus going out of business last week. I had to do it to keep my head from exploding.

Why don't you supporters go try to defend building the wall that will clearly be paid by taxpayer money?

i have more experience with Mexico than most DEA, Customs, BP agents, or Americans could ever hope. Started going in '87. Lived and ran a business from 1996-2010. Been to more places in Mexico, good, bad and ugly than 99.5% of Mexico's own people. Seen death and carnage with my own eyes behind enemy lines in the middle of the hot zone.

Mexico is a beautiful country with incredible, amazing, gifted people.

Mexico is not a typical international border. i can say from an informed point of view; that we require a secure border for multiple layers of reasons. We also need to encourage, to lend support, and money to Mexico to help them reduce terrorism in their border and interior cities and towns – not just because it will reduce violence as far away as Chicago, San Francisco and Boston. But because they would welcome our help, even after we change some things about the way we conduct enforcement.

A secure border involves a virtual wall + a real wall (legislated decades ago). No new laws about the border itself are required. They're already on the books. The methods to completing the mission will continue to evolve. We need to have a serious conversation about sanctuary cities.

Forgot to reply to this re: the freeze too.

Just for the record:
C24HKnzVEAAZri4.jpg

Neat chart, I guess the ticks at the decade marks are census workers? I also think I can spot when LBJ launched the War on Poverty (and deepened the War on Southeast Asia) and when Carter took over.

Neat chart, I guess the ticks at the decade marks are census workers?
That's my guess. They seem to ramp for the footwork with and following the April in years ending in 0.

So that's what our founding fathers left the King of England for? I would rather pay him 20% off the top at this point. It seems like the King was a bargain compared to what is going on now. Between the creation of money backed by nothing along with the 42% taking out of our paychecks.

Huh? The reason was not due to taxation, but taxation without representation. Which, btw, was even kind of a flimsy excuse as the King had given the colonists a place in Parliament. BTW, you 100% do have representation in your elected officials.

Massachusetts democrats would rather give Liberty Mutual 50 Million in tax dollars to help build Liberty Mutual Headquarters---Granted 50 Million is what Ted Kelly was making a year.

Thank God Ted Kelly is a Democrat for the people.

He justify the tax money by saying that Liberty Mutual might leave the Backbay. So Deval Patrick and Mayor Menino said give him the money.

What type of scenario is this? This is LOOTING the taxpayers or enriching your friends for letting them buy votes.

Deval Patrick, Mayor Menino along with State reps and Ted Kelly should be investigated on dealmakings like this.

The Democrats were trying to justify this as keeping jobs in the this state granted the backbay had 5% vacancy at the time.

You mean like Baker and GE and the $120 million to relo their headquarters here? Got to spend money to make money.

Really America's concept was not based on a free country concept? So the productive class of society should work hard only to give 27% to the Federal Govt another 15% to state, local municipality & sales taxes.

That's 42% of your productivity to taxes.

So that's what our founding fathers left the King of England for? I would rather pay him 20% off the top at this point. It seems like the King was a bargain compared to what is going on now. Between the creation of money backed by nothing along with the 42% taking out of our paychecks.

tumblr_inline_mvsoe0BFbf1qebcl8.gif

The problem is stupid, angry white guys who blame everyone except themselves for their flaws and shortcomings.

True.

So in the news, after the women's march trump issues executive action taking aim at not just abortion, but also contraceptives and women's health in general.

Also in the news, trump telling blatant lies to CIA about size of inauguration crowd, tells politician guests at social dinner party he only lost the popular vote due to illegals voting.

Considering both these audiences know the reality and aren't exactly gullible, I'm starting to think trump is literally delusional.

Oh yeah and trumps already broken the same rule as clinton did with the private email server by tweeting from his private twitter account.

Last edited:
Then how are we running a budget deficit? Along with the Federal Govt being the #1 employer in the country?

Contractors are more costly than federal employees, except in the case of... asbestos abatement and the likes ( because they literally hire immigrants( don't know if they are here on work visas or what, but don't speak a word of English) who wont sue when they get sick).

Replace government workers with contractors, that's what you get.

Mind you, the highest profile govt fuckups recently were actually due to a contractors negligence. Particularly in the vein of security, both physical and cyber.

Apparently Defense is omitted from hiring freeze. It seems like my govt agency is the only one that isn't getting crippled by trump.

Ill celebrate any crumb of joy I can find here.

You mean like Baker and GE and the $120 million to relo their headquarters here? Got to spend money to make money.

I think Baker has done a great job. I do believe this was a bad deal.
GE was coming to Boston no matter what. All the innovation is coming out of Boston. All the BlueChips are coming up now.

Baker should have had called GE bluff.

There are times to use taxpayers money but the Democrats in this state over the past 10 years in developments really need to be investigated.

Seaport with at least over 100 Million in tax breaks and incentives only to create an area with no real transit infrastructure.

This thread is a wonderful example of what happens when a republican president comes into office and kills a healthcare act, viz. Carter's Mental Health Systems Act.

This thread is a wonderful example of what happens when a republican president comes into office and kills a healthcare act, viz. Carter's Mental Health Systems Act.

Yeah only mentally challenged people or treasonous traitors would run America's Debt levels to 23 Trillion and destroy our children's futures.

New study: Trump to inherit $559B deficit, stable economy
https://www.yahoo.com/news/study-trump-inherits-559b-deficit-stable-economy-151620854--finance.html

Only spending 559 Billion dollars over the budget wonder what the credit limit is.

LOOTING the working class American families at will that built this great country.

What govt hack said Americans should be working 80 hours a week? So you can make sure he gets his lifetime healthcare and pension. These people SUCK

This guy knows what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84x66WoJL9w

Last edited:
What about the American people? For one thing, they have stock portfolios and retirement plans worth in some cases five times as much as what they were when he took office. Thanks Obama(and you too, Goldman Sachs)!

Yeah only mentally challenged people or treasonous traitors would run America's Debt levels to 23 Trillion and destroy our children's futures.

New study: Trump to inherit $559B deficit, stable economy
https://www.yahoo.com/news/study-trump-inherits-559b-deficit-stable-economy-151620854--finance.html

Only spending 559 Billion dollars over the budget wonder what the credit limit is.

LOOTING the working class American families at will that built this great country.

What govt hack said Americans should be working 80 hours a week? So you can make sure he gets his lifetime healthcare and pension. These people SUCK

This guy knows what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84x66WoJL9w

Don't talk about our children's future like you even care. If you really cared, you guys would have protested Trump initiative to expand coal power plants and pipelines that are hazardous to people in the surrounding area and contributes to global warming. What a farce, pretending to care in our children's future.

They only care about their children's WEALTH, not health.

(Granted global warming will also affect their wealth too but that's not a straight line, so they can't see it)

1 more reason i went rogue and became an apostate Dem after trying to work with the leftests in my youth..........

because THEY LIE....

Democrats say they want to be the 'all inclusive party....'

Democrats say they welcome all points of view (sometimes).....

Yes, Trump IS getting 8 years if he just shuts the f_ck up.

This ain't the crazy leftists at SNL...

This isn't a skit. Alec Baldwin ain't walkin' through that door.

This is Sally Boynton Brown the woman who might be the next Dem Chair....

she's full scale nuts, disturbing, and most of all, serious....

Democrat party; This is why you are losing and losing and losing and losing!

This is what cultural marxists do; they run off the rails and never even notice.

when your party is just run by a bunch of rich, spoiled crazy people like DWS or mega-radical urban Marxists... you know it's just going to be the next round of lunatics – ready to step into her shoes....

This ain't JFK. This ain't LBJ or RFK, or Jimmy Carter, Gary Hart or Al Gore.

Ain't Joe Biden no more. You're Elizabeth Warren....

Dems, embrace the horror; THIS IS WHO YOU ARE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBs1NqilcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suhQFt7Z_RM

Last edited:
Okay, I want to give you a real situation. As I've probably mentioned ad nauseum that I currently live and work in Malaysia - that's important to give this story a bit of context.

My boss is American and her boyfriend/fiance is Iranian. Today, I walked in to work to see her crying and reading a story on the internet. See the story below. Her boyfriend is here to finish up his doctorate and the two were hoping to eventually get married and move to the US. Trump's new immigration plan bans Iranians from entering the country, despite the fact that NONE of the terrorist attacks on US soil or many other places have involved Iranians or even Shia Muslims. So, if you support this measure, what would you say to her if she was standing in front of you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...orders-iraq-iran-libya-restrict-a7544566.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back