NEMA Boston | 399 Congress St. | Seaport

Re: Residences at 399 Congress St (formerly Madison Seaport Hotel)

The "Parcel D1" in that picture would be a pain in the ass to build on, but a deck from the ventilation building to A-2 would create a real streetwall on Summer and hide the pile of ramp spaghetti.

I think D2 is generally considered unbuildable. It's too bad that area is going to stay open along Summer Street.

The Omni Hotel is going in at D2 (which is not labeled on this map) between WTC and D St.

The "Parcel D1" in that picture would be a pain in the ass to build on, but a deck from the ventilation building to A-2 would create a real streetwall on Summer and hide the pile of ramp spaghetti.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but if decking were to be added over the Haul Road, spanning between D1 and the sliver of land to its south on the corner of Summer St. and WTC Ave, one could create a decently sized parcel that would be an arguably desirable corner lot.

I thought that the open boat sections were left as a cost cutting measure to reduce the size and/or quantity of vent buildings on the Artery.

+1 and streetwall on WTC Ave too

This is a quick google maps outline of the decked area, fills in about 800 linear feet of streetwall with 2.4ac of developable area
8OBixkr.jpg

sampler

Looks better than the rendering.

is it me or is it 'Gosh, this project is moving fast.' ?

Tower crane is now up, and installing steel this morning.

I think the sausage parcel has a name. There is a brand new sign on the fence that says "NEMA - Where dreams embark"

Sigh.

I think the sausage parcel has a name. There is a brand new sign on the fence that says "NEMA - Where dreams embark"

Sigh.

LOL.. that sounds horrible. Better suited for a professional group acronym or something else equally lame. New England Medical Association, perhaps?? Might as well have just called it "399 Congress".. that's much better. I will still just simply refer to it as the sausage parcel. It has a nice ring to it.

Remember.. someone paid a lot of money for that name and slogan. <puke>

LOL.. that sounds horrible. Better suited for a professional group acronym or something else equally lame. New England Medical Association, perhaps?? Might as well have just called it "399 Congress".. that's much better. I will still just simply refer to it as the sausage parcel. It has a nice ring to it.

Remember.. someone paid a lot of money for that name and slogan. <puke>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEMA_enclosure_types

Pretty well known acronym yes....
poor choice. Unless they designed it to look like an electrical panel.

I don't mind the name, I'd be much less embarrassed to say "I live at Nema" than "I live at Echelon" - which would make me wince in guilt. For me, it's the "Where dreams embark" line that is a bit overkill for a building wrapped by interstate highway ramps.

I don't mind the name, I'd be much less embarrassed to say "I live at Nema" than "I live at Echelon" - which would make me wince in guilt. For me, it's the "Where dreams embark" line that is a bit overkill for a building wrapped by interstate highway ramps.

Let's just say they're both horrible names :). Although, The Eddy is still on top of my list for the worst name.

"NEMA - Where dreams embark"

Is that the historical spot where Zuckerberg decided to leave the East Coast?

Back