New "Anti-Shadow" Laws Proposed for Boston

Who votes for these IDIOTS. Shadow laws???? Harbor Tower Residents have to be key players in this one.

IMO this bill could kill any tower from ever being built in Boston. It's beyond ridiculous. Do they also realize that large trees in the park cast shadows? This bill is an example of the flaws of democracy, even the village idiot gets a chance to be heard and there are a lot of stupid people out there.

*will be sending an email. Any one know who reps north allston?

IMO this bill could kill any tower from ever being built in Boston. It's beyond ridiculous. Do they also realize that large trees in the park cast shadows? This bill is an example of the flaws of democracy, even the village idiot gets a chance to be heard and there are a lot of stupid people out there.

I think its either:

State Represenative Kevin G. Honan

or

State Reprsenative Michael J Moran

The BRA or the Political hacks will be able to choose what they personally want built.

Very sad we have these puke heads running the state.

House Bill No. 853: An Act protecting certain public parks:

The public policy equivalent of a loose bowel movement.

Petruccelli's involvement in this makes his predecessor, Bobby Trav, look like Cicero.

I can't wait to ask "Ant'ny" one of my patented "Help me understand..." questions the next time I see him.

Just sent a email to Walz. We can do it guys. I'll post a few links on the fb page for w/e reason people wont see it on the forum.

Also I forgot to mention this on my email but can someone kindly send an email as a representative of Archboston, something that says "As the representative of Archboston.com and its members, we highly oppose this bill..." just to put our name up there.

i'll post what i sent in on the facebook page and perhaps we can use that as a starting point.

Well at least we have the renderings of what could have been [insert tear drop].

"As the representative of Archboston.com and its members, we highly oppose this bill..."

No. I don't think anyone can or should put themselves forward as 'the representative' of this forum, or assume that we have unanimity on any proposed building.

This isn't a building proposal, and I don't think unanimity should necessarily be required. If aB desires (I'm not implying that it does) to be active in this sense then I think a vote above a certain threshold should be sufficient.

I think contacting our Reps as concerned citizens has more clout than contacting as a message board populated by members that may or may not be voters from Massachusetts.

^^ Agree.

If you live in the potentially-affected area, attend public meetings, cogently state your opinion, and be prepared to defend it with facts.

This isn't a building proposal, and I don't think unanimity should necessarily be required. If aB desires (I'm not implying that it does) to be active in this sense then I think a vote above a certain threshold should be sufficient.

aB: Woohoo, let's get our preference aggregation on!
Ken Arrow: IMPOSSIBLE!!!
aB: What?
Ken Arrow: NOBEL PRIZE!!!
*world explodes*

(sorry everyone, all-nighter)

Briv, was the original NABB posting an email or on their web site? I can't find it anywhere, and the link doesn't work anymore.

Is this going to be voted on by the City government or the State government?

^^ House Bill No. 853

Marty Walz, Byron Rushing are State Reps; Anthony Petrucelli is a State Senator.

This only serves to amplify the astonishing stupidity of the Bill.

One reason that I don't think archBoston.org should officially endorse or oppose anything: I'd like to see the proponents of this proposal here as well, so both sides can discuss the issue.

That's a good point, Ron. I'd like to hear them logically justify these sorts of legislated constraints on private property owners who will not be conducting development activities that are not inherently threatening to public safety.

But I think you'd agree that when you're to the point of filing legislation, you're a few steps past the discussion phase.

Back