New England Conservatory Residence Hall | St. Botolph St. | Back Bay

Rendering up onsite, looks like the VE hammer dropped:

It did indeed. This is total meh.

It actually is fairly consistent with the hand renders in the video aside from the windows all being uniform size, but that's where the design is hit the hardest with VE.

It looks like Tremont on the Common and a 1960s HoJo's had a child.

at least it wont be seen much, tucked in a back corner as it is..

This is looking down Gainsborough for the parking lot on St. Boltoph across from Matthews?

If they use well designed terra cotta and a good window materials it won't be that bad. "If".

11289532_911857952191422_4413510977877383184_o.jpg

I suppose that it's always been visible, but I never noticed the building behind this lot before, the one with the big, boarded-up arched windows. I looked on Google Earth and it seems to be attached to the BU theatre; it's clearly distinct from the building on Huntington with the Uno's. Does anyone know what's in there? It certainly looks disused now, but could it have been rehearsal space for the theatre, or something like that?

Saw the sampler a few days ago. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the material was Cor-Ten steel. This might end up looking great.

Gosh, I just saw Beeline's pic of the Sampler showing the "Cedar Shakes" style of siding. As much as I love (from the very beginning of just seeing the renderings) the MassArt Treehouse dorm, I have a hard time visualizing a midrise covered in cedar shakes. It'll be different, that's for sure.

Its a risk for sure that may pay off. Very very interested to see how this turns out.

Back