New England Revolution Stadium | 173 Alford Street | Boston-Everett

Re: Site in Hub top choice for a soccer stadium

Last month, Boston Landing deeded 71 Guest Street to an affiliate and filed a notice of project change with the BPDA (link to download). Now the office space component of 71 Guest has been pulled from the project website (here's the dead former URL for that building). Any chance they remove this parcel from the project altogether and develop it with the Krafts instead? It's only four acres by itself, but if they also managed to acquire that stubborn self-storage warehouse at 145 North Beacon, they would have seven acres and a larger footprint than the concrete bowl of Harvard Stadium. Of course this is all moot if they're actually building at 71 Guest right now - I have no idea.

Also, there has been no news re: the word class track/athletic facility that New Balance proposed many years ago to build at Boston Landing. Any chance New Balance has decided to nix the indoor track facility? Could there be a partnership opportunity between the Revs and New Balance?

Also, there has been no news re: the word class track/athletic facility that New Balance proposed many years ago to build at Boston Landing. Any chance New Balance has decided to nix the indoor track facility? Could there be a partnership opportunity between the Revs and New Balance?

No. Adidas has exclusive MLS rights.

I Googled Boston Skating Club new facility new rink, with search limited to the past year. Nothing. The Skating Club's new facility page is blank. That leads me to think the Skating Club's campaign to build a new home on Lincoln St. is moribund, if not dead.

An NPC for the New Balance athletic facility was filed last month:

I Googled Boston Skating Club new facility new rink, with search limited to the past year. Nothing. The Skating Club's new facility page is blank. That leads me to think the Skating Club's campaign to build a new home on Lincoln St. is moribund, if not dead.

quite.

Widett Circle:

widett1.png

Widett Circle area: 19.404 acres:

widett_area1.png

New Balance:

newbalance1.png

New Balance area: 17.715 acres:

newbalance_area1.png

Brickbottom:

brickbottom1.png

Brickbottom area: 40.872 acres

brickbottom_area1.png

Alewife:

alewife1.png

Alewife area: 40.872 acres

alewife_area1.png

^ The Widett Circle site can be much larger with some air rights development over the tracks and yards -- likely extending over to Dorchester Avenue.

Brickbottom has a couple of datacenters and the Green Line maintenance facility.

If one takes Quinlan somewhat literally, the Krafts have purchased or, at the least, have agreements to purchase a site.

Looking at the four sites identified by John Keith, all seem to have multiple owners. IMO, it is much easier to secure an agreement to purchase a site where there are only one or two owners of the land being bought. The more owners, the less quiet any intended purchase will be. And I doubt even the Krafts could secretly buy publicly owned land.

If one takes Quinlan somewhat literally, the Krafts have purchased or, at the least, have agreements to purchase a site.

Looking at the four sites identified by John Keith, all seem to have multiple owners. IMO, it is much easier to secure an agreement to purchase a site where there are only one or two owners of the land being bought. The more owners, the less quiet any intended purchase will be. And I doubt even the Krafts could secretly buy publicly owned land.

Plus, Stop and Shop is already redeveloping their land. See the archboston thread, especially this post: http://www.archboston.org/community/showpost.php?p=312545&postcount=70

I'm sorry if my post is too complicated to be useful but I was working on it while doing multiple other things and trying to get a lot accomplished in a short period of time.

Those four locations seem to be what everyone's been talking about; those plus a piece of Beacon Park Yard.

The location I included that is probably on few people's radar is the one near Alewife, near Fresh Pond. It's on few people's radar because there's no reason for that location to be considered for a stadium, at all, but I happened to notice that was one of the few large land purchases I've seen happening this year, in Boston, Somerville, and Cambridge.

Cabot, Cabot, and Forbes bought a big piece of land there, so one owner, plus they have worked with New England Development (Patriot Place) in the past. But, that location is illogical. Most-likely, CC&F bought it for an office park and residential housing.

It's 40 acres, so plenty of room to build around it, but the #1 negative, and the fatal one, is that it's fairly inaccessible. The Parkway and Route 2 are a disaster now.

Even with Alewife and commuter rail, I'd rule it out, but I pat myself on the back for finding this and, if you've been following the news, got media to consider it, too.

Recurring references are made to the possibility of Harvard selling off part of Beacon Yard for a soccer stadium, or some other facility or venue. Aside from Robert Kraft being a graduate of Columbia and a generous benefactor to said school, Harvard has long said it intends to develop (perhaps in partnership) Beacon Yards as commercial property.

Harvard looks enviously at MIT's commercial property holdings in Cambridge. In the fiscal year that ended June 2017, MIT paid $55 million in real property taxes to the city of Cambridge. That's the tax on its commercial, income producing property. At a commercial tax rate of about $16 per thousand, the assessed value of MIT's commercial property would be about $3.5 billion. The net income stream to MIT from its commercial property is substantial. Harvard is envious.

Looking at the four sites identified by John Keith, all seem to have multiple owners. IMO, it is much easier to secure an agreement to purchase a site where there are only one or two owners of the land being bought. The more owners, the less quiet any intended purchase will be.

I work on Widett circle... I've heard a couple rumors that go back a few months that the property has been bought but havent heard anything else which is strange.... Widett circle is a CO-OP so it basically is 1 owner

This is the site on Frontage Road as illustrated in the Globe four years ago.

staidum.jpg

Holy shit. Not a religious guy, but I am PRAYING rn.

Back