New England Revolution Stadium | 173 Alford Street | Boston-Everett

Re: Site in Hub top choice for a soccer stadium

How the fuck is chopping down a forest to build parking lots and grass fields "great to see"?

"Should we build these where the asphalt is now? Or maybe even one level on top of the asphalt?"

"No, let's fucking demolish a forest instead."

Thats what state forests or protected areas are for. This is developable land that is already developed on all 4 sides. On top of that they're not building asphalt parking lots out here, they're grass. When the players are not practicing out here this will be perfectly fine for animals walking across or deer congregating. Deer like open fields to hang out at along the edges because they like to be able to see far distances. Can nobody ever cut any trees down ever again?

I marked the additions they are doing in yellow, and circled all of the wooded areas in the vicinity they are not touching.
https://postimages.org/app

unfortunately, it just says to me that the Krafts will never sell the franchise, we'll never see a suitable stadium in the city and lots of families will keep frequenting patriot place.
I gave up on the Revs a few seasons ago when I finally accepted that the Krafts had no real intention of moving them to greater Boston.

Maybe the thread should just be closed... I saw activity and I thought: "Oh good another rumor or proposal that won't pan out that we can all chew on for a few days".

A Boston metro sports stadium ain't happening, land, neighborhood opposition and the cost of doing business is just too high.

Yeah that whole thing is generally obnoxious. In a sea of parking they decide the forest is a good spot :mad:
Also obnoxious are those expensive ass cars and general feeling they're going with this, and then all those graying white dudes in suits to top it all off lol

Maybe the thread should just be closed... I saw activity and I thought: "Oh good another rumor or proposal that won't pan out that we can all chew on for a few days".

A Boston metro sports stadium ain't happening, land, neighborhood opposition and the cost of doing business is just too high.

Nope, actual things going on here this time haha.

Thats what state forests or protected areas are for. This is developable land that is already developed on all 4 sides. On top of that they're not building asphalt parking lots out here, they're grass. When the players are not practicing out here this will be perfectly fine for animals walking across [...]

Wow.

I posted where this is going in relation to the renders. I didn't approve this, vote on it, or cut a tree down. I said its great to see the Revs being taken more serious. Whatever problem you have with this is with Kraft. Leave me out of it.

Thats what state forests or protected areas are for. This is developable land that is already developed on all 4 sides. On top of that they're not building asphalt parking lots out here, they're grass. When the players are not practicing out here this will be perfectly fine for animals walking across or deer congregating. Deer like open fields to hang out at along the edges because they like to be able to see far distances. Can nobody ever cut any trees down ever again?

I marked the additions they are doing in yellow, and circled all of the wooded areas in the vicinity they are not touching.

You have to watch out for those filthy creatures. Those fields must be fenced in. The last thing you need is professional athletes getting bit by a tick and developing lyme disease.

And then after the thread closes, the Krafts make a "big announcement" regard the Revs.

WTF. No one cares about the practice facility. It wasn't even new news about the practice facility. This thread should not have bumped.

This thread should be locked.

Once I put the full set of renders in the thread (that are not here and should be archived like we do with every thread) nobody else should have commented. Then its archived, the pertinent info is in the correct thread, nobody comments, and it drops back down the page. Done.

The irony is when people comment about a thread being bumped is when the thread collects unnessecary clutter. Itd already be halfway back down the page by now.

So what do you say? The info is here, its archived, nobody else comment and what already should have happened happens and it drops down the page and goes away. Deal.

unfortunately, it just says to me that the Krafts will never sell the franchise, we'll never see a suitable stadium in the city and lots of families will keep frequenting patriot place.
I gave up on the Revs a few seasons ago when I finally accepted that the Krafts had no real intention of moving them to greater Boston.

So you stopped supporting the team simply because you don't like where the stadium is located? If so, that's a pretty lame reason. Just because Kraft hasn't built a soccer specific stadium for the team, doesn't mean he's a bad owner.

Just goes to show: trees still suck.

There is not one Revs player that can afford those cars, especially the super rare Ferrari 599XX (in white).

This looks like a great facility. It makes sense to have it at Gillette for the extra room needed for practice, and it wont affect the stadium being located in Boston eventually *fingers crossed.

Field%20View.jpg

1015_revolution1.jpg

They arent paid peanuts though. There are 8 players making 300k/year and up, 6 players making over 400k/year, 2 over 900k, and 1 over a million. The MLS cup in Atlanta actually had a larger attendance than the Superbowl... I couldnt believe it when I read it. If you look at Atlanta, Seattle, Portland theyre doing massive numbers. If we can believe Johnathan Kraft within the last 6 months he spoke about how hes confident that Walsh will be more open to a stadium than Menino was. He said hes working hard on it and hes confident itll get done. The bayside site fell through, but I think with the roundabout that may have been a mess. I wonder why no new news on the site next to 93.

If there ever was a time its now after that type of cup attendance. Its embarrasing in a sports mecca were known as probably THE shittiest area to play with the crappiest logo. On reddit they say the logo is going to change once the team moves, idk where they hear this. Anyways at least with the practice facility that shows they are serious and the team isnt going anywhere and they will invest. If johnathan is to believed theyre also working behind the scenes. They really need to make it happen NOW, its been too long and its getting ridiculous. The hartford USL team and the Revs for some reason arent partnering either for a minors team. We need to get this shit together! Its finally time, no more screwing around. The practice facility is at least movement in a positive direction, so hopefully its the start.

https://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/2018/05/10/heres-what-each-new-england-revolution-player-gets-paid-in-2018/amp

Last edited:

So you stopped supporting the team simply because you don't like where the stadium is located? If so, that's a pretty lame reason. Just because Kraft hasn't built a soccer specific stadium for the team, doesn't mean he's a bad owner.

What can I say. I don’t enjoy watching the revs at foxboro. I spent years kidding myself that I should support them till I gave up. I still go and see them if they’re playing in the open cup at Harvard.

They arent paid peanuts though. There are 8 players making 300k/year and up, 6 players making over 400k/year, 2 over 900k, and 1 over a million. The MLS cup in Atlanta actually had a larger attendance than the Superbowl... I couldnt believe it when I read it. If you look at Atlanta, Seattle, Portland theyre doing massive numbers. If we can believe Johnathan Kraft within the last 6 months he spoke about how hes confident that Walsh will be more open to a stadium than Menino was. He said hes working hard on it and hes confident itll get done. The bayside site fell through, but I think with the roundabout that may have been a mess. I wonder why no new news on the site next to 93.

If there ever was a time its now after that type of cup attendance. Its embarrasing in a sports mecca were known as probably THE shittiest area to play with the crappiest logo. On reddit they say the logo is going to change once the team moves, idk where they hear this. Anyways at least with the practice facility that shows they are serious and the team isnt going anywhere and they will invest. If johnathan is to believed theyre also working behind the scenes. They really need to make it happen NOW, its been too long and its getting ridiculous. The hartford USL team and the Revs for some reason arent partnering either for a minors team. We need to get this shit together! Its finally time, no more screwing around. The practice facility is at least movement in a positive direction, so hopefully its the start.

https://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/2018/05/10/heres-what-each-new-england-revolution-player-gets-paid-in-2018/amp

The reason the MLS Cup in Atlanta drew a larger crowd than the Super Bowl is because the NFL needed to block off sections of seats to add in more space for the press. The college football national title game last year set the attendance record for Mercedes Benz Stadium.

Portland averaged a little over 21,000 a game in 2018, that's not massive numbers. Seattle and Atlanta both had great numbers though.

The Revs also outdrew several teams with soccer specific stadiums in 2018 - Houston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas and Colorado. The difference between the Revs and the next 4 teams ahead of them in average attendance (Montreal, San Jose, New York Red Bulls and Real Salt Lake) is less than 800 fans a game.

I posted where this is going in relation to the renders. I didn't approve this, vote on it, or cut a tree down. I said its great to see the Revs being taken more serious. Whatever problem you have with this is with Kraft. Leave me out of it.

I was responding directly to your comment. No one is suggesting that you have any part in this development, but you are defending the decision to cut into the forest rather than build on the sea of parking lots, with information both factually inaccurate and frighteningly misguided. People are allowed to respond.

Once I put the full set of renders in the thread (that are not here and should be archived like we do with every thread) nobody else should have commented. Then its archived, the pertinent info is in the correct thread, nobody comments, and it drops back down the page. Done.

[...]

So what do you say? The info is here, its archived, nobody else comment and what already should have happened happens and it drops down the page and goes away. Deal.

I personally have no problem with this thread being bumped or what some people may consider "clutter." This is a discussion board. We discuss things. I very much appreciate your contributions to the forum. You obviously spend a fair amount of time tracking down news and updating aB, and though you can perhaps be a little overzealous, I am mostly grateful for your posts.

That said, you're trying to frame what you're doing as purely factual which is definitely not the case. If you are going to opine you need to accept that someone may take issue with your opinions. If you can't handle that then keep the opinions to yourself.

What can I say. I don’t enjoy watching the revs at foxboro. I spent years kidding myself that I should support them till I gave up. I still go and see them if they’re playing in the open cup at Harvard.

Yeah, there is nothing "lame" about this reasoning. Foxborough is not Boston.

Back