New Red and Orange Line Cars

They are doing away with the wood panels. That scheme is old & outdated.

Wikimedia Commons does have a video of the functioning chimes. I'll try to get a recording of the drunk chimes when I'm in town in a few weeks. If anyone already has a recording (audio or video) of the drunk chimes that they're willing to willing to put under a Creative Commons license, PM me and I'll get it to Commons for posterity.

Wikimedia Commons does have a video of the functioning chimes. I'll try to get a recording of the drunk chimes when I'm in town in a few weeks. If anyone already has a recording (audio or video) of the drunk chimes that they're willing to willing to put under a Creative Commons license, PM me and I'll get it to Commons for posterity.

I want to use this for my text message notifications on my phone.

TransitMatters train tracker showing a third set #1426 for the Orange Line this morning!

Deliveries have gone out of sequential order with 1426-29 now in-service, but 1420-25 still un-delivered and 1418-19 being the most recent (as of Aug.) pair delivered. They've also got 2 spare active units apart from the complete 3 six-car trains so on any given day at least one pair is idle at Wellington until the next time they swap pairs in and out of a set to rotate.

Note: the OL test pair parked in the Red Line yard are the unnumbered initial pilots (the other 2 unnumbered pilots already back at Springfield for production mods), so those don't count against the numbered counts in-service. The pilots will get assigned their numbers way later in the sequence when they return from post- factory mods.

TransitMatters train tracker showing a third set #1426 for the Orange Line this morning!

I think those are the ones that debuted before that began having problems before. Hopefully, they were given a once-over to keep them from being troublesome again. :)

Can confirm, even if the car numbers in this photo are very blurry...
20201013_144307.jpg

I still won't try to get on one until more of them come into service.

Your impatiently awaited savior is none but somebody's future "rustbucket". :unsure:

Addendum:
Ewww! I remember the original short-lived red fabric seats. By the time I'd arrived in Boston in Fall '96 they'd already accumulated enough stains, smells, and cooties of unknown origin to make you think twice about sitting vs. standing. Somebody really didn't do their research before placing that livery order.

Little PR piece from crrc, skip ahead about a minute and there's some interesting bits about the cars from angles you wouldn't normally see:

Also this map to try and prove how not Chinese dependent the cars are.
Screenshot_20201026-213057_YouTube.png

Little PR piece from crrc, skip ahead about a minute and there's some interesting bits about the cars from angles you wouldn't normally see:

Also this map to try and prove how not Chinese dependent the cars are.View attachment 7999

Thanks, HelloBostonHi!! I knew about some of that. Looks like some of the wiring was pre-installed in the car shells. :)

The new trains for the Red & Orange Lines face a long delay in being placed in service!!!! :eek:

Back