Northeastern eyes dorms

The massing is good, the design is awful. It could be a million times better if they gave this building a hat, added some variety to the brick, and used less precast. Maybe when it's done it'll look a lot different, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

2/13:

img7044oe9.jpg

img7069qh9.jpg

Same shot, but with 6 AM sunlight:

img7086lw8.jpg

img7089pc9.jpg

^ No excuse.

Offensive!

Hope what they provide for the inhabitants inside compensates for what it lacks on the outside.

It's about time Boston built a Little Warsaw.

Well, the addition of more public housing projects should allay any fears of Boston becoming a 'boutique city.'

An interesting design, marred by cheep materials. Had these towers had been executed with higher quality materials (terra cotta, or brick) consistent with their neighbors designed by Bill Rawn, I think they'd be at least "acceptable" and at best, attractive.

Consider too: this is a LEED Gold project. Wouldn't it be nice if LEED projects were attractive?

Isn't that BU's tower in the center background?? Nice.

Today from Dorchester, Northeastern skyline!
259-3.jpg

WHOA! I never would've thought you could capture BU & NU in the same photo (unless you were on the top of the Pru)... that is really awesome. Nice work Boston02124. :)

BTW, I'm officially moving into Parcel 18 in the fall; you can even see my window from that picture!

Eh?! They already announced the dorm assignments already? I didn't get mines yet....

Keep a lookout here for some interior photos. I should have some up next week.

"WHOA! I never would've thought you could capture BU & NU in the same photo"Yeah, hard to believe a few years back there was no skyline,sort of like the Fenway skyline you now see from the pike heading into Boston at the Brighton/Allston tolls.

Last edited:
Eh?! They already announced the dorm assignments already? I didn't get mines yet....

No one knows how Northeastern works, we suspect it's a robot somewhere who makes these decisions.

Hope you got a chance to watch our game vs. BC last night on NESN, it was great.

Taken 3/09

Dining hall on ground level
img4340r.jpg

Dining hall
img4341.jpg

Skylight in dining hall, looking up towards courtyard
img4337b.jpg

Basement classrooms are at the bottom of these stairs
img4344.jpg

Main Lobby
img4349.jpg

img4352.jpg

img4353a.jpg

img4359u.jpg

Looking out towards courtyard. I think the low building is for faculty/administration.
img4363o.jpg

img4365t.jpg

img4364.jpg

View from the 22nd floor
img4370.jpg

img4369.jpg

img4373.jpg

Two-story common area
img4377.jpg

Here's a single-room. They are incredibly small in my opinion. I believe there's 800 of these and 200 doubles.
img4386.jpg

img4389.jpg

Last edited:

Back