Northeastern University - Institutional Master Plan

This is a an animation of the landscaping around the ISEB, posted by the architects Payette:

https://vimeo.com/83800947

The ARC connecting the building to the central campus looks interesting, assuming it is built as projected. Groundbreaking for the ISEB is scheduled for this week.

Nice video. Looks like it will be a great project.
Had to laugh at the rhetoric about "open to all" and "being part of the neighborhood" but I guess that's what you call "marketing." :D

That looks fantastic. I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress.

^If the weather doesn't shut it down. It's supposed to be messy out. I'm personally hoping they push it out, as I'm working at that time tomorrow.

Wow I didn't realize it was slated to begin so soon. When is this projected to be completed?

Edit: Just saw it's scheduled for opening in 2016. Cool!

^^^ That viewpoint (from on top of the garage?) will be an excellent place to watch the CSC tower on Dalton street go up as well, probably the Fenway projects, too.

This reminds me that I saw NU's twitter accounts were posting construction photos too:

BqVay4MIgAEfhUn.jpg:large

Via https://twitter.com/NortheasternCOS/status/478888767861030913

Sheet pile is done. Excavation is starting, there are going to be some big spoil piles on this project.

E5xh795.jpg

ci5qHuM.jpg

I am still hoping they bring back the football team and this site turns into a football arena! Go Huskies!

I rather like the silver tower; it has good proportions and if it had been done in a better material it would've pulled off the chiseled slab of rock look that it's trying to be. I especially like that narrow strip of corner windows.

But yeah it's awful. Remember how much we hated this when it was going up? Five years later and we've got a least a handful more sizeable new projects that equal it in sucktitude. If anything, its design is looking more and more prescient by the day, poop.

Im not much of a fan of the appearance, but it still gives some identity to the area when driving through, and has greatly improved the area at ground level especially on the bike path side. One could argue they could have made a more active presence on Columbus but that might be a reach given how barren the area is.

Heh, you caught my window in one or two of those. It's as sterile on the inside as it is gross on the outside.

I really detest that two of the three most visible buildings on campus (this and YMCA being the two poor ones and West Village H being the very positive one) are such eyesores. I love my school, but our visual presence from afar is not the best.

Back