Northeastern University - Institutional Master Plan

I think opposing a Biosafety level 4 lab and opposing a student dorm at a University are not quite in the same ballpark...

That is the problem for politicians like Tito. When you oppose everything people tend to stop listening to you.

At today's meeting of the BRA Board, Tito took the time out of his busy day to rip Northestern University a new one reagarding the [Request authorization to enter into a five month License Agreement with Northeastern University for use of BRA-owned land adjacent the Ruggles Station, otherwise known as Ruggles Plaza, for University-sponsored activities and events].

Tito, never one to miss an opportunity to draw attention to himself, advised the Board not to approve, demonstrating once again, his expertise in choosing his battles.

As we all know, Northeastern University is such a bad partner to the City of Boston.

Tito also went out of his way to praise Wentworth for continuing to do a great job kissing his ass in general, *along with playing nice with Mission Hill residents.

Tito is a joke of a politician. Everyone better be praying he doesn't get anywhere near the Mayor's office during the election otherwise you might as well hang a "Closed for Business" sign on the Allston Tolls for the next decade in Boston.

At today's meeting of the BRA Board, Tito took the time out of his busy day to rip Northestern University a new one reagarding the [Request authorization to enter into a five month License Agreement with Northeastern University for use of BRA-owned land adjacent the Ruggles Station, otherwise known as Ruggles Plaza, for University-sponsored activities and events].

Tito, never one to miss an opportunity to draw attention to himself, advised the Board not to approve, demonstrating once again, his expertise in choosing his battles.

As we all know, Northeastern University is such a bad partner to the City of Boston.

Tito also went out of his way to praise Wentworth for continuing to do a great job kissing his ass in general, *along with playing nice with Mission Hill residents.

???

Tito is a joke of a politician. Everyone better be praying he doesn't get anywhere near the Mayor's office during the election otherwise you might as well hang a "Closed for Business" sign on the Allston Tolls for the next decade in Boston.

Dont worry. He doesnt stand a chance. Unfortunately that's more a testament to the Irish-white-union political establishment in the city rather than Tito's own ineptitude. But coupled together, Tito isn't going to get more than 25% of the vote.

^This one will be one to watch all summer and fall...

In regards to the new bike path in front of the engineering building, like so many bike paths, THERE IS NO PAINT TO INDICATE IT'S A BIKE LANE and so people just walk in it. I'm never going to be one of those asshole bikers who's super aggressive or passive aggressively buzzing pedestrians, but I just can't stand how all traffic rules in Boston are totally haphazard. This area is filled with pedestrians and is about to become a lot more so. Northeastern or DCR need to seriously stripe these lanes all the way thru Ruggles to get people out off of the path.

came in my email today......

EzJdZGS.png

Is the plan to remove that whole surface lot along the rail line? It's closed now.

Is the plan to remove that whole surface lot along the rail line? It's closed now.

Yes, that is owned by Northeastern. The whole site will be a playground but the university and the city will retain ownership of their portions of the land.

Question, will there be some sort of netting placed between the field and the tracks? Just wondering what the likelihood that someone kicks a field goal into the tracks.

came in my email today......

EzJdZGS.png

I was running by today and saw a lot of work going on here. The entire grounds have been fenced off and the demolition had already removed the tennis court lights and was halfway through removing the concrete bleachers.

I'll try to get photos tomorrow.

I was running by today and saw a lot of work going on here. The entire grounds have been fenced off and the demolition had already removed the tennis court lights and was halfway through removing the concrete bleachers.

I'll try to get photos tomorrow.

Carter Playground:

ixvIX1Zh.jpg

0ALdA7vh.jpg

5Tu9w45h.jpg

emmV72nh.jpg

The area has been mostly leveled, but I noticed an open cavity at the bottom left where it looks like they uncovered some old train tracks that used to feed into the main tracks, which you can see closer here:

H6JBK93.jpg

The Carter Playground shot is exactly the same one shown in this old birds-eye advertisement:

boston_1902_PRINT-100.jpg

I heard on the news this morning (WCVB), that today was the groundbreaking for the Ruggles upgrade and ISEC bridge. I can't find anything indicating that though.

-d

Back