Novartis Campus | 181-211 Mass Ave, 22 Windsor Street | Kendall Square | Cambridge

Re: Novartis Expansion

This promises to be a real game changer. The beautiful gateway to the next generation, up-zoned Central Square.

July 16
hn0fw1R.jpg

Very impressive to see this large project kick into a higher gear. I forgot that this site was right on MA Ave.

Nice shots KZ and Beeline.

Anybody know if this will bring more science and biotech jobs?

Anybody know if this will bring more science and biotech jobs?

I'm pretty sure Novartis was planning a pretty healthy expansion in Cambridge. This is off the top of my head, but I vaguely remember there being news about Novartis closing down some offices in New Jersey, but hiring more people for their Cambridge ops. I also remember there being news last year (or perhaps the year prior) that Novartis was going to be moving their neuroscience division to Cambridge too.

Nice pics Beeline. This building looks pretty enormous in person. Isn't there supposed to be a second one as well? They should make the second one slightly taller. Every office building should push for more height and tell the NIMBY's they are creating more jobs that way. That's the way to frame an argument.

^ As I understand their will be two towers of the same height. The tower above is the rear tower. The south tower will have a 6/7 (?) floors. The 3rd building will be 3/4 (?) floors wraped around along Mass Ave. wrap around on the Mass. Ave side.

Norvartis_mass_ave

Last edited:

The Tower crane closest to Windsor is scheduled to be dismantled this weekend.

Last edited:

To address some posts above, Cambridge is one Novartis's global centers for R&D aside from Basel.

Back