Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St | Seaport

Ok, apologies for 3 consecutive messages:

http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/5222d0e4-7e1f-4384-bd4f-c13ed9f91b7c

P. 71 clearly shows a reconfigured Fargo St. turn. So your instincts were right! (Sorry no screenshot capability at the moment, maybe someone can grab it and post it..)

And in the process of reviewing the plans, I noticed that the low-rise section across the middle of this bad boy actually appears to act as a big truss that holds up the ceiling of the massive ballroom(s) below it? And if that's the case it seems likely that there is probably also some lateral extension of that truss function all the way over the to the Fargo St. corner...

But as I said I'm definitely an amateur so I'll look forward to hearing from you pros on this too...

42078737070_7ccdd1e538_b.jpg

This is one of the last major gaps being filled in. So happy that steel is already going in. This just like M parcels will be another catalyst for the area. Like M parcel is for Seaport blvd and Congress this will be for Summer st. Just keep chipping away. The Seaport is already light years ahead of where it was last year.

I know it was posted over 2 months ago (thanks BL), but I'm digging those samplers.

Yes.

1,000+ hotel rooms constrained by height limits take up a lot of real estate.

Yeah and there is a whole lot of new ballroom & meeting room footprint in there as well (and ballroom volume for that matter - those things are a couple floors tall) ... it's effectively a convention center expansion too, in addition to the new hotel rooms.

Man, somehow I never noticed before what a terrible presence that Westin has on the corner of Summer & D.

Hopefully that will get rebuilt as another tower-full of hotelrooms as a Westin expansion, with a street-level worthy of the location....

45959025421_1b62b6b2ea_b.jpg

Back