Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St | Seaport

^^^
I think if they want to they can put retail in the corner without waiting for a new tower.

i can't wait to see the Seaport once all these projects are up.

Man, somehow I never noticed before what a terrible presence that Westin has on the corner of Summer & D.

Hopefully that will get rebuilt as another tower-full of hotelrooms as a Westin expansion, with a street-level worthy of the location....

45959025421_1b62b6b2ea_b.jpg

It looks like the second Westin tower is not going to be built. I don't understand the logic to that since demand for hotel rooms is so great. The Omni proved you don't need a state or city subsidy to build a big convention center hotel, so Westin took their ball and went home.

i can't wait to see the Seaport once all these projects are up.

I just wish we had one of the connected MBTA hardrails running through the Seaport to fail connected to downtown and the rest of Boston.

This was truly a missed opportunity and failed leadership not understanding the importance of this.

I just wish we had one of the connected MBTA hardrails running through the Seaport to fail connected to downtown and the rest of Boston.

This was truly a missed opportunity and failed leadership not understanding the importance of this.

That's only half of the problem. The Ted Williams Tunnel should be three-tubes and the Red-Blue Connector should be at Logan Airport.

For the Seaport haters in Boston, this insane bathtub might be the straw that.....

and....

BEELINE IS BACK!!!

and....

BEELINE IS BACK!!!

Glad you noticed. Not a long stay for I take wing again on the 7th for a month or two. I will be in an architectural desert (my opinion), so I doubt if I will be posting much during my absence (I'll be lurking though.).

Glad you noticed.

I think we all noticed, but I'll just speak for myself and say that I really appreciate your photo updates. Hopefully you're going somewhere warm. Enjoy the time away.

I very sincerely appreciate BeeLine's photo updates as well. Come back soon!

Thanks, Beeline, and Happy New Year, y'all! Just think of the changes to the Seaport at this time next year, so many buildings will have been either completed, finishing up, or rising out of the ground! Exciting times for Boston! Cheers!

It looks like the second Westin tower is not going to be built. I don't understand the logic to that since demand for hotel rooms is so great. The Omni proved you don't need a state or city subsidy to build a big convention center hotel, so Westin took their ball and went home.

Not going to be built as in (ever)??

Anyone how the future track 61 station would tie into this? Are they leaving room for it? Whatabout a passthrough through the building?

Anyone how the future track 61 station would tie into this? Are they leaving room for it? Whatabout a passthrough through the building?
There is space left at the back of the building (by D st) for a "future platform location." It would be located partially under the hotel, with an elevator/stairs down from sidewalk level.

Base for 2nd tower crane is up, looks like foundation for elevator core is U/C

Back