Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St | Seaport

Even though its connected to the rest of this giant project, finally were getting a thin tower in the seaport. Its about time..

I'm surprised how visible this is looking down Summer St from Downtown across Fort Point Channel (e.g., Dewey Square). It really gives you a sense of "the city keeps going over there."

IMG_0611.jpg

1. That ballroom / convention space is big enough for Boeing to assemble planes

2. What's up with those horizontal panel gaps with the cladding?

3. @JumboBuc I echo your comment on the city extending. When I was a kid, "Boston" stopped at the Children's Museum. Now it is developed and goes on for a mile past that on to the ocean.

That is some nice facade going up. Great pictures!

Managed to grab a couple of pics from inside the convention center last week

Here are some taken from the Viaduct [and a couple of other venues] last week when I was attending AIWorld [for its last time at the current venue] at the Commonwealth Hall of the World Trade Center -- next year moving to the Hynes -- for an uncertain run]

Anyway the new hotel and some of the surroundings:
DSCN0176_m.JPG
DSCN0177_m.JPG
DSCN0179_m.JPG

DSCN0180_m.JPG
DSCN0181_m.JPG

DSCN0185_m.JPG
DSCN0213_m.JPG

atlantaden (not whighlander) - I’m sorry! I just saw your post that asked about the facade and glass.

I walk by this a few times a week and I’m incredibly impressed with the detail of the entire construction, and that certainly includes the facade and glass they’re using. This should look really good when it’s done.

Last edited:
Whighlander - I’m sorry! I just saw your post that asked about the facade and glass.

I walk by this a few times a week and I’m incredibly impressed with the detail of the entire construction, and that certainly includes the facade and glass they’re using. This should look really good when it’s done.

Haha, dude, I asked you the question about how the glass looked in person, but I totally understand how Whigh can dominate the conversation! ;) And thanks for your response, it's gonna be one good looking building, I agree.

This is what happens when you try to walk and conduct archboston business from your phone before the sun comes up. I apologize and fortunately have the ability to edit ;)

Sorry again!

Back