One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

Sweet rendering. I'm so happy to learn that in the future the intersection of Kneeland Street and the Surface Artery will no longer be a cluster fuck. Oh, and that the highway ramp is coming down.

Is there a master plan for this area? It's probably in this thread, but I don't have the patience to look through every page.

Is there a master plan for this area? It's probably in this thread, but I don't have the patience to look through every page.

I think AFL was mocking the crappy rendering that misrepresented the intersection of Kneeland Street and the Surface Artery, and completely omitted the highway ramp.

I think AFL was mocking the crappy rendering that misrepresented the intersection of Kneeland Street and the Surface Artery, and completely omitted the highway ramp.

The rendering is actually not inaccurate. It shows the rise of Albany Street (it is not just a highway ramp, it actually is a street!), as it exists, plus the addition of sidewalks along the western side.

The plan for the area calls for all the parcels along Kneeland Street to create "street activation" along Kneeland, and the South Station Busway cross over (one block south of Kneeland), to make these less like highway ramps and more like city streets.

13987160389_9ed9a2e41a_b.jpg

Is there anything planned for the parcel in the foreground of that picture?

Is there anything planned for the parcel in the foreground of that picture?

A bit more than the "yes" above. Parcel 25 (foreground parcel in the picture) is currently being planned for a joint Upper School to be shared by the Josiah Quincy Upper School and the Boston Academy for the Arts.

Initial planning is in process with likely design proposals in late summer.

Back