One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

As in music: syncopation. Seems to be the new/old creative style in facade treatments. The wilder the better!

Hiring masons is very expensive and takes much longer than using alternative facade materials. The Apartments at 525 Huntington (WIT) was supposed to have a masonry facade, but the project fell behind and a decision was made to switch to precast panels in order to get back on schedule. The majority of the facade was able to go up in a matter of a couple weeks with the panels compared to the months it would have taken to lay brick.

There are brick precast panels that can be installed the same as a normal precast panel. They do have seams that are noticeable but those would give the desired look.

Precast-Iberia-Purdue-University_Thin-Brick-.jpg

Being that this is one of the few 'non-luxury' apartment towers going up in the area, I hope it fills up quickly without them having to offer tenants a couple months free or anything like that. Could convince other developers to build more apartments aimed at the middle class. I wonder what kind of ROI they'd get off these as opposed to the luxury towers.

This whole building won't be monochromatic, right? I think the façade seems fine so far, but please let there be some other colors/materials on a building this size.

Different materials will be used. Looks like some sort of gray precast and more glass.

2qlx.jpg

Give it a chance guys, I think this one's going to be allright.

i just caught a glimpse of this building's "transition" heading in from the south on the expressway today. It looks better in person, the lighter colored portion is setback from the darker facade. The transition is not as jarring as it appears in the above photo(s) IMO.

Yet another example of where there is no effort whatsoever to stagger, conceal or even blend the joints between the precast panels. So lazy. So cheap looking.

Back