One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

Yet another example of where there is no effort whatsoever to stagger, conceal or even blend the joints between the precast panels. So lazy. So cheap looking.

Staggering the joints usually makes a facade look worse. It draws your eye to the seams, rather than letting them recede into the background.

Wheeeeee

15393321266_115d7d56f7_b.jpg

15416016642_460d03abcf_b.jpg

15229605919_4ac2205d08_b.jpg

This is looking nice. The panels have a bit of a sedimentary canyon wall effect, which seems entirely appropriate here. I can't recall previously seeing a building where windows are already going in while steel is still going up--it looks like the panels are about to overtake the fireproofing.

This is looking nice. The panels have a bit of a sedimentary canyon wall effect, which seems entirely appropriate here. I can't recall previously seeing a building where windows are already going in while steel is still going up--it looks like the panels are about to overtake the fireproofing.

Maybe they are trying to wrap the building before the winter?!

Speaking of the windows, I liked the building a lot better before they started going in. The color-matched mullions look like crap, same as that dorm on Huntington. It just makes everything blend into one big blah.

Hard to see, I should probably visit to get a better sense of it, but are they doing streetscape improvements or bumping out the curb at all in the area of KZ's first photo? Looks like the building comes right up to the street.

Hard to see, I should probably visit to get a better sense of it, but are they doing streetscape improvements or bumping out the curb at all in the area of KZ's first photo? Looks like the building comes right up to the street.

Yes, there are streetscape improvements along the Albany Street side (Which is also the ramps to 93 ad 90). They will be adding a sidewalk and acorn lighting up to the cross road point with the South Station Bus Station Connector (That road needs a new name!). There is also a terraced park that rises from Hudson Street to Albany Street between the Phase 1 and Phase 2 buildings at the same location as the Connector Road. (Everything you see now is the Phase 1 building).

The Phase 1 building will have pedestrian access on all four sides.

Gods, the cladding on this is horrendous. If I were the PD, I should have been slapped in the face.

I like the cladding. Vaguely reminds me of the sandstone and brick used in the Dainty Dot, and of canyon walls.

+1 ^

I totally agree I think that the cladding looks nice and I love the texture.

I like the cladding. Vaguely reminds me of the sandstone and brick used in the Dainty Dot, and of canyon walls.

+1 ^

I totally agree I think that the cladding looks nice and I love the texture.

I think that it will be one of those projects that'll have to grow on me.

The more facade goes on, the better I feel about these two color schemes. I'm hoping that remains true throughout...

Judging by the fact that a large proportion of this project is affordable housing and rentals, I'm okay with the quality being less than great. I rather it be ugly with more affordable housing right now than a glitzy condo tower that only a few can afford.

Back